Obsolete technology

Kaholic
Unregistered guest
Buying my first plasma soon and I was wondering if there are any obsolete technology type issues when looking for a Plasma. I don't want to plunk down that kind of cash when it will be out of date in a year or 2. Also, I have been reading that Pioneer is shutting down their plasma line? Is this true? I was actually looking at the 5060 but am having second thoughts about it after reading all the comments on this site. Looking at the Panasonic TH-50PHD8UK also but it looked as if the is not quite as good as far as speakers/sound goes, has a lot less connections, and you have to buy extra card slots for certain functions. Any suggestions on the best 50" out there for the $5000 range? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Ncavman

N.C.

Post Number: 99
Pioneer is NOT getting out of the plasma biz. In fact, they just announced their 1080[b]P[/b] line of 50"+ displays at the Vegas CES show, for late 2006. They are getting away from manufacturing their own glass (like most plasma brands) but are dedicated to plasma technology and are arguably the leader. 8th+ gen panny's and 6th+ gen Pio's will great great displays for years.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us