Dvd hook up problem

Username: Danb595

Post Number: 1
is there any way to hook up a dvd player to an older model tv without av jacks?

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 644
Visit your neighborhood Radio Shack. I'm sure they have some kind of converter for you.

Why are you using such an old TV, when people who are getting HDTV's are practically giving away their analoge, but still much newer TV's? Take a look at Craigslist.com

Anonymous

I am helping my dad over the phone with his new dvd player hook up. He is getting no picture. He has sat, vcr, dvd, and tv. sat hooked to tv, dvd hooked to tv, vcr hooked to tv. but no picture for dvd player. please help di

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2078
dan, you need an RF modulator. Think about buying a new TV if you plan on watching very many DVDS, the quality will be far better on a newer TV with line inputs.

Brill
Unregistered guest
Here is the stump-you question of the decade. No one can figure out the problem.

Pertinent equipment stats:
Hughes receiver Model GAEBOA
Panasonic DVD/VCR combo Model 4745S
Sharp TV 1997--coaxial connector only in back, 2-jack AV in front

My aunt has DIRECTV. She previously had a Sony VCR and hooked it up, logically, as receiver to VCR to TV, all using only coaxial. It worked fine.

I bought her the above DVD combo. Hooking it up the same way, nothing happens. The TV screen shows only static--it is not receiving the signal. Adding AV cables does not help. Tried the TV on ch. 3 and ch. 4--no difference.

Finally, I bought a 3-way video connector (you know what it mean, even if I have misnamed it, I'm sure). Plugged receiver coaxial into that then coaxial into TV. Used AV connections to add DVD combo. The DVD did set up and the TV received and it was possible to watch a tape or DVD. However, since the DVD/VCR was not receiving the signal, it was impossible to tape a program.

A new TV is not an option, in case that occurs to someone as the easiest solution.

Would a splitter help? Will anything help? A sledge hammer, perhaps?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us