Problem with HD-52Z575 Powering Up

Username: Pheisen

PA

Post Number: 1
After 7 months perfect operation, HD-52z575 starts but without fan noise, LEDS then blink rapidly. That's about it. Nothing else happens. No picture, no sound, no fan, nothing.

Is fan "locked?" Anything I can do myself?

Silver Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 388
Check lamp

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=515514#POST515514

Username: Pheisen

PA

Post Number: 2
Thanks WeAreNotAlone69 for prompt reply and link. But how do I "check lamp?" The user manual doesn't say that rapid blinking of LEDs means blown lamp but only some problem.

Silver Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 392
Remove the left speaker grill (one screw), then you remove a cover plate (one screw)... then you remove the LAMP assembly. (two screws)... takes all of 2 minutes, if that.

Got to ask... did the set act funny before it stopped powering up? Did you hear the lamp "pop"... notice anything strange?

Some have reported that the lamp dims before going out, some have reported that the lamp (the set) may not power up the first time, requiring several starts due to wear of the lamp internals.

BTW: The lamp "may" be shattered internally if the lamp has "blown", or then again it may look normal if the wear of the lamp internals is out of spec (worn-out).... Most people report that a lamp that is worn, is hard to start

PS: Make sure NOT to touch the lamp, if you do clean with rubbing alcohol to remove fingerprint "oils".

One more thing.. you need to post in the thread I referenced above with DETAILED info, preferably in the line, by line format in the section entitled "POST DETAILED INFO ON YOUR SET" of the below link: https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=538876#POST538876

The more people that post with DETAILED info, the better the chance of getting JVC to take care of /honor lamp /light engine replacements after your 1 year warranty is "up".

(If you have an EW, don't count on it.. If the EW warranty people are paying out too much on repairs, they will find a way to deny your claim, make it hard for you., make you jump thru "hoops so to speak.. before they pay out once they figure out the sets which use LAMPS are going thru lamps way before the rated time.")

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 968
The TV will also do that if you lost power. You will have to unplug the set and replug it in. If the blinking still occurs after that, you have a bad lamp.
The lamp should be clear like a car headlight when you look at it. A blown lamp will look cloudy, grayish and like an ice cube.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us