This is insane ...someone please help

Anonymous

I have TW cable box (digital), usual set of out puts (rf and analog a/v). Then I have a dvdr, and a tv with multiple inputs (composite, svideo,rf, and component) I ran the rf into the cable box and used a/v connections to line 1 on the dvdr, then connected the composite out of the dvdr to the tv. I have to record from L1 and use the box to select my channels to record. Timed recordings are a pain, have to power on the box and the dvdr and can't watch 1 show while recording another. Some one suggested rf in to the dvdr first and then out to the cable box. Now I can watch the analog channels using the remote from the dvdr and i can record using the dvdr (analog only). I can record the digital channels by using L1 on the recorder and selecting the digital channels on the box. Seems like I'm running in circles here. Is there an easy way to do this. AND why does my recorder always have to be powered on??? My VCR which I replaced was passsive and could be turned off and I could still watch TV???

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2045
Split the incoming cable to the box and recorder, then from the recorder to the TV. Use the box to record digital channels and the recorder's tuner to record analog channels. You'll be able to watch analog channels tith the TV tuner while recording digital channels.

Unregistered guest
i have a new tv and dvd recorder plus an older vidio. can someone give me a drawing how to connect all three using scart cables.help?
john bolton

Unregistered guest
Help. I am surrounded by scart cables! I have a relatively old TV with one scart socket,a separate video recorder,a digital box - all of which used to work OK. My sons have tried to drag me into the 21st century by giving me a DVD recorder. I don't want to throw out my video recorder as I still have a lot of videos but I just cannot work out how to connect everything together. Can anyone explain how to do this using words of one syllable and no jargon - or even a clear diagram?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us