Possible to hook up RCA cables to a Component Output?

Username: Elchbulle

Post Number: 1
Hello there, this may be a very strange question, but I was wondering if it would be possible to hook up standard RCA cables to a component output? For instance, on the back of my satellite received I have component outputs, I have hooked up a standard RCA cable (yellow to green, white to blue, and red to red) to it and it seems to work fine. Is there any reason I should buy a real component video cable to hook it up?

Thanks

RandyM
Unregistered guest
Tim, no reason to buy a real component (green/blue/red) video cable, it will work fine, EXCEPT be aware that some composite (yellow/red/white) cables have lesser quality shielding on the red/white leads, since they normally carry audio, and this might diminish the video quality slightly. Some very discriminating viewers might notice, but the rest of us wouldn't.

Username: Skoolsux

Post Number: 2
ok i got a problem....
i recently bought a 50" rca scenium dlp tv. i have my xbox 360 hooked up to it with component cables. on the back of the tv it has 1 composite video and left and right audio for its output. i took the composite out and plugged it into my capture card on my pc. when i capture the video, nothing but small stright colored lines go up and down the video, all i get is audio. i know now that my tv doesn't convert the componet to composite. i have heard from my boss at bestbuy that i can find a type of system selector that will take a component in and output component and composite at the same time. is there any way that i could do this.... i've exhusted every possiblity... any help would be great.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us