What is this pink splotch on my TV screen?

Username: Pbear8

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
We (my husband and I) have a 20 inch Sanyo , which is a little over a year old.

We had to move the TV once before and all of a sudden, after the move (from one bedroom to another) there was a small pink splotch on the screen.

Today , DH was dusting around the TV and doing some other stuff. He didn't touch or move the TV but had to unplug and plug in the TV .

Now the pink thing is even bigger! Actually it looks worse IRL than it does in the picture. It goes up the right side of the TV.

When you are watching regular TV channel (and not the blue screen) you can't, for the most part see it, unless you happen to see a blue colour background, then you can see it. It's very annoying!

This happened to another TV of ours (JVC) but it was old and we just chalked it up to its age, as we were getting rid of it anyway.

What could this be??? And why is it happening?

Thanks in advanceUpload

audiobuff2
Unregistered guest
This is often caused by a magnetc field too closes to the TV, like a speaker (usually this is the prob) or a fan.

Try moving (rotating is ok too) the TV and see if the shape moves or changes. If it does, move the other thing that is causing the color chnage. Sometimes turning off the TV for a while may fix it, or a tech can "de-Gauss" it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us