Panasonic DMR-ES10 corrupt discs?

Username: Shbart

Post Number: 1
A couple problems w/ recording on my ES10. Hoping someone else has encountered the same and has a fix. I've been recording off air on to DVD-R using the timer function. One day I realized I had set the wrong time, so I started recording manually. When I came back, since there was no out time, the disc came up with an error when it ran out and wasn't viewable. Does this mean that unlike a VHS machine, I can't hit record as I'm running out the door because the machine needs an out time? Secondly, I had programmed a 5 1/2 hour recording in the flex recording mode and at 5:15 mark I saw the deck stop recording and self check came up. The disc won't play and says it's incompatible (uggh). Nothing like losing a copy of a 14 Inning World Series game that's being re-broadcast one time only! The deck is fairly new, but I've made about dozen discs without problem (same format). Any help would be much apprciated...especially if you have an idea on how to salvage my 5 hour plus disc :-)

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2033
Use good quality discs. Cheap discs like to have problems past 4 gigs. You should be able to record to the end of the disc without problems. Panasonic recorders don't record all the disc anyway, they cut off after 2 hours. A disc will hold about 2 hrs 9 min.

Post Number: 2
David,
Thanks for the reply. The $10,000 question of course, is what are god quality discs. Cheap Fuji and Verbatims have usually been good for me (Maxells, not so good). Almost all recorders (including Panasonic) do have Long Play modes which go over two hours (obviously quality is downgraded).

Post Number: 3
David,
Thanks for the reply. The $10,000 question of course, is what are good quality discs? Cheap Fuji and Verbatims have usually been good for me (Maxells, not so good). Almost all recorders (including Panasonic) do have Long Play modes which go over two hours (obviously quality is downgraded).

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2034
I only use Taiyo Yuden or Prodisc. You can get them online at Supermediastore, Shop4Tech, Meritline. 4x discs are best for standalones, if you can still get them. Last I knew all 3 places had 4x TY discs, they don't come on spindles though. Stay away from 16x discs with a standalone.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us