DVD Player To VCR To TV

Username: Chris516

Duluth, Minnesota USA

Post Number: 2
I have been following the directions but, I am still stumped, as to why, I am not getting any video on the tv except for a 'blue screen'. The only thing I can think of, is, that the cable going from the VCR to the TV is not secure since, if I fiddle with it, I can get the picture to flicker. Where the DVD Player comes into this, is, that, according to the back of it, the 'In' and, 'Out' cables are, BOTH, supposed to be plugged into the DVD Player AND, the TV. The problem with TV is that, it has four connections total(In-R, Out-R, In-L, Out-L). The two on the top are 'In' and, the two on the bottom are 'Out'. At first, this may seem like it works but, according to the picture on the back of the DVD Player, the Audio has two 'In' connections and, one Video 'Out' connection.

Lastly, I have a VHS VCR in this mix, as well. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2028
You probably can't connect the DVD through the VCR without having copy protection problems. Connect the RCAs out of the DVD to the VCR in, then set the VCR to line. If you have copy protection problems, buy an RF modulator.

Username: Chris516

Duluth, Minnesota USA

Post Number: 4
I finally figured it out. I had the Video cable in the wrong connection.

The directions already said, not to run it through the VCR so, I made sure not to do that.

I almost bought an RF Modulator.

Username: Exarchives

Aventura, Florida USA

Post Number: 1
I just bought a BetaMax unit which seems to work. How do I connect this to work with my DVD/VHS Recorder, so that I can record the Betamax tapes to DVD. I just can't figure how to add the BetaMax unit, please help. Thanks, David

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2490
Connect RCAs from the Beta out to the in on the recorder and set the recorder on line.

Username: Rog

Post Number: 2
can you recommend a good vcr, and a good model pioneer dvd recorder that would work well with it? thanks a lot, ive been learning a lot being here! i wish to record my john wayne vhs tapes to dvd. everything i need to know about life i learned from john wayne....now stand aside pilgrim! thanks much!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us