Jvc vs sony ?

Username: Witty123

Mattawan, Mi

Post Number: 1
I'm looking at new Tv's just wondering which one to get an if there is any problems? bulblife screen anomolies / etc.
The 2 tvs im looking at is the
JVC HD52BP6 an the SONY KDF-E50A10
Does anyone have any of these?
an is the $400 dollar 4-year warrenty worth it?

Bronze Member
Username: 514329

Post Number: 56
I have the kdf e50a10 for about a week and it's very good on analog signal ( from the wall ) and impressive if you use a dvd w/ upconvertion via hdmi. reliability unknown.

Bronze Member
Username: Taxman

Post Number: 60
FWIW - I have the Sony KDF-E50A10 and love it. No rainbows or lag and have not had any problems thus far (knock on wood). The local Sony tech said the bulbs were getting excellent life. I did buy the 4-year warranty because of the light engine issues on last year's model and the likelihood of a bulb replacement. I got a break on the price to offset most of the EW. The Sony tech said BestBuy's EW is one of the best.

I love the picture on the JVC, but those have had some quality control issues I beleive.

Anonymous

From talking to a few people the Jvc is supposed to have the best picture an newer technology. that is why sony made the sxrd. As for which one will have fewer problems im not sure. But I do know alot of people like the sony.

tvshopper
Unregistered guest
I have the JVC and it is astounding. There are reports of short bulb life that have not been fully explained (JVC is blaming the bulb supplier which sounds plausible) but I have not experienced that problem at all. I had the first generation and the bulb lasted the entire year (approx. 2200 hours of use) I had it. I now have the new version (886) and that bulb has been going strong so far (3 months). I noticed with both TVs it took 2 - 3 months to get the picture to its best quality. My new one just "kicked in" the other night. I am amazed at the liquid quality of the HD broadcasts. And, JVC has been great with me.

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 951
You can't go wrong with either set. I personnally have owned the JVC for over a year and I love it. It is the brightest most vivid set around and it has a very smooth film like picture. The Sony has it's benefits too and I've liked what I have seen when viewing in store.

Look at the picture, the inputs, the size and style and go with the one that fits your needs best.

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 952
$400 is a bit high for a extended warranty. I paid $180 for 4 years thru video Only. Checkout the big JVC thread for info on a MACK warranty. The price is under $200 and you can buy it anytime within the first 30 days of getting your new TV.

Username: Witty123

Mattawan, Mi

Post Number: 2
Ah thanks for the post guys keep'em coming? an thx for the info on the mack warranty. much appreciated!.!.

komah
Unregistered guest
I purchased the 42 inch Sony Dec. 1 and couldn't be happier. Hd is awesome with antennae in attic, but SD(cable) leaves a little to be desired. I'm having Cox out Monday to check the line and put a booster on if needed. I didn't get the EW because Sony will extend it if you purchase it before the last 30 days before regular warranty expires. The prices look a lot better too.....go to SonyStyle.com..Customer care..extended service...Loven mine!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us