Help re: TVGOS setup on panasonic DMR-EH50S

S.V.
Unregistered guest
I have been having trouble downloading the TV guide to my EH50. For the past 36 hrs, the recorder has been making the cable box cycle through channels 02-99 -- that is all it does. Is this normal and when can I expect it to finish? It's supposed to only take 24 hrs but the "12:00A" is still flashing on the recorder so I'm assuming the information has not downloaded completely. My question is, is it ever going to or should I just try something else? (Panasonic customer service doesn't know.)

By the way, my TV is connected to the recorder, the recorder is connected to the cable box with audio/video cables, and the cable box is connected to the wall. I also have some digital cable channels -- will the recorder be able to download the TV guide information for those channels?

Thanks for the help!

wabjxo
Unregistered guest
Connecting via L1, L2 or L3 with AV cables will defeat TVGOS.

TVGOS works only with a direct, unblocked (cable box off) signal. You must have a RF coax cable on the RF IN connector on the DVR.

If you're all digital, TVGOS will not work. Hopefully, your cable provider sends an analog PBS station as well?

Hook up DVR 1st on coax cable w/coax to TV, then hook up any boxes any way you want. If DVR has to be 2nd (all channels scrambled), make sure you still have coax RF cable to DVR and that your box passes RF signal thru when/if the box is OFF. Otherwise, leave box ON at all times.

Username: Billw4343

Chicago, IL Us

Post Number: 1
My digital box switches to the interactive mode and doesn't cleanly switch channels. I think it is something about the signal RCN is sending. I can replicate this if I, when in the Panasonic setup, put in the wrong digital device. Then the codes the Infared sends are wrong, the channel changes and goes to the RCN interactive mode. Iwas getting TVGOS data from the Digital box until around the World Series, so I know it used to work. When speaking to RCN they have no idea what changed. Should I being turning off the digital Channel box to get the TVGOS data signal?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us