Question about Setting Up HDTV

Anonymous

Hi - My first post. Just got a 34" HDTV. The picture is 'grainy'. My son said to get a new cord that will go from the back of the digital cable box. The cord he said would have little holes and to connect from the back of the digital cable box to the same hole in the back of the TV. I went to Best Buy looking for that cord. The salesperson siad for the BEST picture I was to buy something else and convinced me to buy 3 prongs (w/different colors) to connect from the back of the digital box to the back of the TV. He said that the back of the box will have the color coded 'openings' and to connect to the TV (same colors). There are tons of colored openings on the TV but no color on the back of the digital cable box. Sorry if I am not clear. Should I have just bought the cord my son suggested? Guess a good name for me IS brain dead. Thanks for any suggestions.

Username: Sunspotmom

Post Number: 2
Hi
I purchased a Protron PLTV-32C HD ready TV a week ago, then waited for our HDTV Direct TV receiver to be installed. It was installed today.
My tv manual says that the tv is capable of all formats:
SDTV 480i,
EDTV 480p,
HDTV 720p, 1080i
The DirecTV receiver is hooked up via component cables to the TV.
It does not appear that I view in 1080i format.
The receiver has a resolution button for each format, but the only one that works is 480i and when it says that I don't believe that is in hi-def. On 480p I get double video (screen divided in 1/2 from top to bottom). On 720p and 1080i all I get is lines YUCK!.
I am receiving the HD channels in the guide from DirecTV, they display in 480i.
The TV does not appear to support 1080i - even tho the specs says it does.
In the DirecTV setup for TV type 16:9 is chosen and for resolution all of the above are selected.
HELP!

Thanks in advance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us