JVC HD TV - crap

Username: Gspeaking

Buffalo, New York USA

Post Number: 1
June of 2005 I purhcased two JVC DPL tvs. One model HD 52Z575 and HD 52Z585. Both have crapped out on me within months of the purchase. The first, two weeks ago with a burnout lamp. No, today the color engine has also crapped out. I am interersted in finding out how many more of me there are out there is if you are willing to join in to organize a class action suit against JVC. If so let me know.

LOL you got served
Unregistered guest
Good luck with that. Since it's painfully obvious you don't even know what kind of TV those were (DPL? What the frick?) chances are there are about 5 things that YOU could have done wrong to cause the problem or at least failed to do to prevent it from happening a second time. Plus I'll wager you bought rock bottom price from online sellers so now you have no recourse so you want to go after JVC. You do realize you are still under warranty right? Maybe instead of wasting time here you should spend a little time on the phone getting your sets repaired. I'm sure your leadership in this pitchfork wielding mob scenario you have painted in your little mind is strong but based on the very few complaints we've seen on the JVC sets here you're not going to have much success.

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 946
Do you even know what a class action suite is?

First you need to find an attorney that will basically work thousands of hours for free. Then you need to prove that JVC (or any company for that matter) knowingly shipped a defective product, and find hundreds if not thousands of consumers that have been affected by this "deception".

I've had a HD52z585 for over a year, my work has the 61" version for nearly the same amount of time and they work fine. It sounds like you have been buying from a shady or dishonest seller who is pawning off his damage goods onto you. I think your problem is with the seller, not JVC.

Bronze Member
Username: Kid89

columbus, Ohio

Post Number: 13
I agree....I,ve owned a 52z585 for over six months...the bulb has been replaced...other than that its' been fantastic...I would love to have a copy of the service manual, if anybody can help kwells10@columbus.rr.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us