FYI - Any ideas ?

Username: Claireinmajorca

Majorca

Post Number: 5
FYI - I am the English lady you gave some advice to re: my Samsung SP42W5HFX 42" TV - which has been repaired 5 times whilst trying to rectify the initial fault!
The Update:
I got absolutely nowhere with Samsung - neither Madrid or the UK ( where it was purchased before we moved abroad ). They just said to pay the 6th Invoice and have it repaired!
I decided to contact the Retailer - Dixons - in the UK where we purchased the TV from!
The TV was 15 months old when it started to go badly faulty! This Television was a replacement for an initial TV that went wrong within the first week of owning it!
Here is my reply from Dixons:

I am writing in response to your recent correspondence regarding your Samsung television purchased from our Kings Lynn store in
May 2003.

Although you have provided us with copies of the engineers reports and original purchase receipt I am unable to assist you with your
claim. As you are aware the product is no longer covered by the
manufacturers 12 month warranty, and due to the television being
taken outside of the United Kingdom we are unable to consider your
out of warranty claim.

If you wish to pursue this matter, we will require the television to be
returned to the United Kingdom, and any accompanying engineers
reports will need to be provided in English. Any carriage or shipping
costs that you should incur as a result of this would be the responsibility
of the purchaser.

So . . . . what do you think I should do now ?
Just pay for the repair and hope that it finally comes back working ?

Your views would be greatly appreciated as I feel as if I'm banging my head against a brick wall!

Silver Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 353
FYI may have some ideas.. but I think your options are limited.

I wish you the best of luck but:

1: The set was 15 months old and out of mfg warranty when is started going bad. So the mfg is sort of out of the picture... (I would assume though that there IS some kind of warranty on the replacement parts... and the labor though..and or maybe "lemon laws" that may apply.)

2: It was taken outside of the United Kingdom ...(Most warranties state that is a no-no.) They only cover the country the set was orginally purchased in... In some cases doing such outright invalidates the warranty.. in others you have to have it serviced in the region (country) /Dealer network it was orginally purchased in. Most all companies don't like to have to "support", repair products bought in other parts of the world to protect their local dealers from "graymarket" goods.

You said it has been repaired 5 times for the same issue?

That may be your only saving grace.. making whoever did the repairs, repair the set. Or maybe some kind of "lemon law" would apply. There should be some kind of warranty on the repair /parts....

One last thought... I would assume you have contacted the head office DIRECTLY, instead of going thru "normal" Customer Service channels? If not look them up and contact the HEAD office....

That's what I did : It took me 9 MONTHS to get a working set.. many phones calls to ANOTHER mfg about 3 years ago. It took me 9 months to get a working set from another mfg, read some of the details here, allot of details left out... by the time everything was said and done I probably had 100 hours plus (or more!!!) "invested": https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=474384#POST474384

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 506
Well...W69 makes some good points.

I wouldn't let Samsung off that easy.
As I said before, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Keep calling Samsung every day. Continue to request the Executive Customer Relations group. If you can't seem to get your story to an upper level group then threaten to take out a full page ad in your local newspaper describing your negative experience with their brand. Tell them you intend to contact every Consumer Advocate organization, television, and radio station with your experience until you have cost them 1000 times your expenditure in lost sales. Tell them it will be your mission in life to warn others against purchasing their products until you have a satisfactory resolution to your situation. Make noise! Be persistant! Never give up! Make yourself the talk of their office. Eventually, someone will want to put your situation to rest.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us