Suggestion for buying stand alone dvd movie recorder .

Username: Ptrebor

Post Number: 2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi. Want to spend +- 300 $ on DVD Recorder.
I am looking for: High quality of image/sound.
I am looking for DVD+RW or DVD-RAM recording media ?

Should I go with one that has HD in it ?
What are pro,s and con,s of these formats ?

I want to avoid mistakes, naturally. I will use it mainly for recording movies (I have cable ) and tv programs.

Please help .
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1961
If you want to edit before burning to DVD, get a HD, if not, you don't need it. RAM is better than RW, but only plays in newer Panasonic players, and a few other expensive players. RW has better compatibility than RAM, they won't play in all players, but most newer players and some older ones will play them, but the discs aren't as reliable as RAM, they need finalizing RAM doesn't, and the discs don't last as long as RAM discs.

Unregistered guest
Is it possible to copy dvd with write protection with my LG DR7400 DVD Recorder and if so where would i be able to get this?

DVDBrnerbb
Unregistered guest
I would like a DVD recorder that I can create and edit my own camera videos on the computer and then burn them to DVD. I know I can get an internal DVD burner. But, I want a stand alone. Do they make them?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1997
Where have you been? They've been making standalones for 5 years. If you want to edit on a standalone, you need to use RAM or RW discs in VR mode, which isn't compatible with players, or you need one with a hard drive. Do yourself a favor and don't buy the cheapest one you can find.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us