Dead Pixal Risk with LCOS RP's ???

Username: Pherfect

Post Number: 8
While still mulling over getting a 56" JVC. One concern brought to my attention was that LCD's including LCOS, run the risk of aquiring dead pixels. How high/low is this risk?
Buy the way, I'm eyeballing the JVC 56" 1080p designer pro. Our Local discount store sells em' for $3400. I wonder how the bulbs are are in these.

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 935
I've had a JVC HD52z585 for about 16 months and I love it. I had a couple of early problems but they were resolved quickly. I have not experience any dead pixels however.

The lamps in all RP sets will need to be replaced every few years. My first lamp lasted 3 months, but the 2nd lamp has been going strong over a year 2200+ hours). They say the lamps will last 6,000+, but it really depends.

BTW, $3400 for that set is a great deal, I'd jump on it if I needed a set!

Username: Pherfect

Post Number: 9
I see Mr. Lynch that you live in my neck of the woods. Then you must know Video Only. Now, that price was a phone quote. But I took it as face value as they had the 61" 1080p advertised @$3800. Now whether or not they get good inventory??? Who knows. I will say though that we purchased a 32" JVC from them 9 yrs ago, and it performs wonderfully to this day. I just want to hold out a little longer...

Silver Member
Username: Mr_lynch

Seattle, WA

Post Number: 940
I bought my JVC from Video Only. I showed them an internet price and they pretty much matched it. They are really willing to deal. Even if they don't drop the price to what you want, they are more than willing to throw in the Extended warranty or other gear to get the "value" where you want it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us