JVC HD-568SP6 --- has anyone heard of this TV???

Nodinator
Unregistered guest
My local BX (military store) has this on sale for a really good price with the stand... but i can not find anything of the net about this TV.

The flyer said the TV was released in OCT of this year, HD-ILA, 4th GEN D.I.S.T. W/Genessa 720p, HD Tuner, Media Card reader, Fire Wire X2 and others.

Anyone know if this is the wrong model number they have posted or maybe it is specefic to the store?

Or what model it could be they just relabled?

Thnaks
NOD

tvshopper
Unregistered guest
Sounds like a special model number of the 56G series. Often a manufacturer will do that for special retailers (i.e. your BX). Best Buy, for example, has a number of products that have a special model number just for their stores.

Bronze Member
Username: Bruceorlando

Orlando, Florida US of A

Post Number: 15
Nodinator,

Best Buy had HD567BP6's (with the stand), but the actual model number on the back of the set (and the manual) is 56G786.

Sounds as though this might be a re-badged 56G886. Does it have a silver bezel or is it all black?

-bruce

Jackomack
Unregistered guest
Nodinator,

I am buying that exact TV tomorrow at the Hickam Air Force BX because it is $200 cheaper than the Pearl Harbor NEX price. I think, from what I could tell, BruceOrlando is correct in that it may have been relabeled due to the additional stand or something else.

Unregistered guest
The HD-568SP6 models are offered by the BX/PX with the stand included. The TV is exactly the same as the HD-56G886. I own two 8sp6, still in box & ready to sell, and one HD-56G886 I bought from "Video Only". The 8sp6 model is offered to the BX/PX for @ 30% off retail value. Remember, I'm sellin the ones I have on e-bay! -mcjoebee

Silver Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 339
The fact it is being sold thru the BX/PX and it being sold for 30% off retail may have something to do with the differant model number.

The stand should not make a differance on the model number of the set itself. (But "could" depending on "who" put the "package togeher:-)

Anonymous

Jackomack (or anyone who owns the JVC HD-568SP6)

If you purchased this TV, what is your opinion of the tv now you have it home? I am asking because this is one of the TVs we have been considering purchasing.
Thanks!

Unregistered guest
Nodinator. Is that an 'L' for lord have mercy?

Anonymous

HD-56G886 is the same model. but no where does it say that there is a HD tuner in it. can anyone prove to me it has a HD tuner in it? it is a great buy at the bx but not if it does not have a hd tuner in it. go to Jvc web site to get the spec. info

Unregistered guest
I'm thinking of buying that same TV in the next two days. It's listed at $2,299 and comes with the stand.... It looks REALLY sharp! Has anyone heard anything "bad" about it at all?

Silver Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 847
Bulb and light engines will most likely need replacing. Some users have reported the Bulb fails after just weeks of purchase.

Great set, I really enjoy mine - 6 months problem free so far. Just make sure you get an extended warranty. I purchased the 5 year one for around $400 and I fully expect it to pay for itself.

Username: Bullet1

Post Number: 4
Yes, definitely get the Extended warranty. I am 6 months into ownership of a 52Z585 HD-ILA TV and I have had to replace a $200 bulb and am waiting on a $1100 Light Engine to get here so they can come fix it. Sure, I'm still under the Manufacturers 1 year warranty, but I can't wait to see what happens after that runs out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us