Sammy hL-R5667

Username: Dzjunction

Post Number: 1
looks like im heading in that direction.

all the posts get crazy confusing, but the samsungs seem to lead the pack no questions.

so a few last questions:

1. can i play xbox without lag?

2. can i have the onboard speakers output sound simultaneously without lag?

3. i have a lowend dvd player, whats this i hear about upconvertin dvd players? do i have to get a dvd player than can ouput at a certain quality, 720?

4. if one does not have digital cable, will an old fashioned analog signal be just as good as any old crt?

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Helpful_smurf

Post Number: 127
1. can i play xbox without lag?

If the game is 480p or 720p, through component cables with the "Game" setting on for 99 percent of games, Yes.

2. can i have the onboard speakers output sound simultaneously without lag?

Yes.

3. i have a lowend dvd player, whats this i hear about upconvertin dvd players? do i have to get a dvd player than can ouput at a certain quality, 720?

Nope, just set it for progressive scan and you'll be happy.

4. if one does not have digital cable, will an old fashioned analog signal be just as good as any old crt?

Hell No. Your analog cable will look like crap.

Username: Dzjunction

Post Number: 2
thanks helpful smurf!

JoKeR44
Unregistered guest
I bought a HLR5688W 1080P dlp set. I bought psyclone component cables for xbox and ps2. But i still notice a little lag when i play halo. It kinda messes me up, Is there any way I can get rid of the lag? Do i need to buy component cables from another company or do I need an av pack of some sort? Is the lag from my tv having to upconvert the signal to 1080P?Please Help i cant stand the lag!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Helpful_smurf

Post Number: 133
Yes the lag is from the onboard scaler having to convert the signal to native resolution. Do you have the seeting for the X-Box input set to "Game"?

Unregistered guest
Well i didn't before , i just switched it to game, but i am still experienceing lag. I turned off DNIe in the service menu from a forum I saw on cnet. Do i have to turn it on? On my xbox, do I have to put 480P yes or no; 720p yes or no; 1080i yes or no??? Im thinkin that meybe since the xbox has to out put in 480p for halo2 that it has to scale twice once for 480p then to 1080p, maybe that causes the lag??? Damn i throw down 3 grand for a tv anf it lags on me lol. please smurf help me out dude im dyin here.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us