HELP NEWBIE Can I use a projector instead of TV?

Username: Go4urs

Post Number: 1
Okay, I was in Jamaica and they were showing the football game & other shows on a huge projector screen. I think I can do this in my home, but I'm not sure how. I keep reading about digital cable, it that only way? How does it work? Do I get cable and hook it into the projector and watch regular tv on the screen. Or do I have to connect the projector to the television?

I'm looking for the idiots answer to replacing my 50 in tv., with a projector. PLEASE HELP. I dont know where to start.

It seems I can also play games and use my computer on there too?
If there is a site, or article that explains all this that would help too.

Howard Hinshaw
Unregistered guest
Most televisions do not have video out but most DVD recorders and VCR's do. I have a projector hooked to a DVD/VCR combo with no TV involved. The DVD/VCR has a TV tuner in it so I just have the Projector hooked directly up to the outputs on the DVD/VCR. Make sure if you go this simple route that you get a projector that has good sound or you could run the sound through your home stereo or surround sound system.... You can also hook the outputs of cable or satellite to the projector. eBay has quite a selection of projectors, anywhere from very old ones to very high end HDTV projectors. If you have questions about a specific projector you can check out almost any ever made on www.projectorcentral.com click on manufacturers in the left column and go from there. Hope this helps....

Anonymous

Hi
I am seeking information on how to use a projector on a digital satellite television

Username: Go4urs

Post Number: 2
thanx howard

Silver Member
Username: Paul98

Post Number: 125
You connect the projector to the sat box. There is nothing really special about a projector. It works sort of like your CRT monitor on your computer, but has inputs for component, composite, and s-video, so you can hook up dvd, vcr, cable box, hd receiver to it. But it doesn't have a tv tuner so to watch tv you need something that has a tv tuner in it and also has a video out that you can send the signal to the projector.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us