Will Cable card improve picture quality

Username: Noturningback

Pasadena, Maryland Usa

Post Number: 1
Will a cable card improve the picture quality on all channels on my Sony Wega 42 projection LCD? I get crystal clear, mind blowing HDTV on the over air channels through the cable with just the coaxial connection, however all the other channels absolutely stink. I do not currently have the digital cable service,just basic expanded service. (millenium cable Maryland). I understand the short comings of the CC but I'm more interested in picture quality then features at this time. So if I install the CC will all the channels improve or just the additional digital channels that I will acquire? Will the addition of a CC disrupt my current HD TV reception through the standard coaxial cable? Thanks. BTW..They should have moved the HDTV deadline "up" three years instead of "back". This stuff is terrific.

Silver Member
Username: Kdog044

Post Number: 196
Depending on the STB analog channels will have better PQ using the cable card. My Motorola box has poor analog tuners and I definitely notice a difference viewing analog channels via the cable card. If you use a splitter on your incoming signal to send to both a STB and your TV it will have no affect and if you are replacing the box it will be no different.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us