Problems with JVC HD52G786

Username: Spongebob

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased this DLP TV and have it hooked to a Dish Network 322 reciever via S-video. The picture is not very good,looks smudged at times. Watching HD OTA and it looks outstanding. Is there anyone out there with tips on how to set-up this TV for the best picture?

Thanks alot

Silver Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 279
S-Video is going to look like crap (AFAIK)

Try component, or hdmi input

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 465
Mr. Bob,

Your set isn't a DLP.
Over the air HD will spoil you since Dish has compressed SD signals. Remember, garbage in = garbage out. Your looking at SD compressed and magnified. Only the Dish HD channels obtained with a different box will look as good as off-air ED/HD.

I'm with WeAreNotAlone69 when it comes to connections, though SD Dish boxes may not have component (Y, Pr, Pb) or HDMI. Their HD box does.

Username: Spongebob

Post Number: 2
I'm a complete newb. What is it if it's not DLP? Thats what the saleman said it was.
I only have two ways to hook up to my DN reciever, the common cable connector and s-video.Are there any tricks to setting this thing for the best picture. What about a calibration disc? Which one is easy to use and works well with this TV?

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 467
Sorry Bob,

Your receiver is obsolete. You should look for deals on a new HD receiver that has high definition connections, whether you are ready to subscribe to HD channels or not. These receivers have off-air tuners in them too, which can combine all the channels in the same guide and input. No more switching back and forth between inputs. Both sat companies are practically giving them away along with DVRs and free HD service for several months. You should call Dish and Direct TV and play them against each other. One wants your business while the other doesn't want to lose it. You may end up with a free HD receiver or more!

Your set is an LCOS, which stands for Liquid Crystal On Silicon. It's a fairly new and improved tangent of LCD. Time may prove that it will last much longer than traditional LCD. Most think it looks better too.

DLP is a Texas Instruments DMD chip, which stands for Digital Micro Mirror Device. It reflects light using millions of tiny mirrors on a wafer the size of a postage stamp.

Your salesman is a lost ball!

Bronze Member
Username: Videobruce

Buffalo , NY

Post Number: 94
Both Dave and Charlie satellite material looks terrible.

I call it overly compressed smear!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us