Internet Sales vs. Local Retailer?

Bronze Member
Username: Jimkw

Columbus, Ohio USA

Post Number: 91
I just talked to USA Wholesale Club, an online vendor that says they are an authorized Sony dealer. They quoted me a price $1935 delivered for the Sony 50A10. I am going out tonight or tomorrow to see how close Sears, CC or BB comes to matching. Right now the difference is $450 when I include tax. That's enough to take the risk of buying on the internet. $200 or less difference and I will buy locally. USA Wholesale also had a 3 year full factory extenfded warranty for $399 that included up to two free bulbs. Anybody had any experience with them?

JerryLA
Unregistered guest
If your light engine fails like my A10 did you will wish you had a store to deal with.

Bronze Member
Username: Jimkw

Columbus, Ohio USA

Post Number: 92
I just bought the Sony 50A10 from Best Buy. Scheduled for deliver on Saturday. They would not match the internet price, but they gave me the best deal of any local store. I paid $2500 with a full four year EW that includes lamp replacement and in-hom service. I feel like I got a good deal, but not great. I like the fact that I'm dealing with a local store though, and the guys at Best Buy are good guys. I found one who really knew his stuff and went back to him to buy it.

Bronze Member
Username: Videobruce

Buffalo , NY

Post Number: 99
If/when something goes wrong it's on a local level.

BTW, BEFORE you bought the EW, did you check to see just WHO will actually service the set??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us