Sony Grand Wega KF-50WE610 Lamp Replacement Help!!!!~Bottom Front Panel

Username: Ha12vey024

Post Number: 1
Hi, i need some help please! i own a Sony Grand Wega KF-50WE610. The lamp died a few weeks ago and i ordered a new one, XL2100. Ive been attempting the replacement for the last 2 hours. I have the Manuel and instructions. My problem is that i cant remove the bottom front panel to get to the lamp. I looked at the instructions many times trying to figure out how it is latched on but i cant seem to figure it out.
i removed all the screws in the back, 4 regular Phillips screws and one screw with a coin. After removing the back bottom panels on each corner as the instructions say, i cant seem to get the bottom front panel off. i can see how the bottom of the front cover is latched on and i can get it loose. But i cant see how the top part of the cover is latched on. I applied firm pressure trying to take it off, but that did not work. I searched for more screws that i might have missed, but i don't see any. Also I tried to look inside with a flash light to see what it was latched on to, but saw nothing that helped. I searched forums for consumers with the same problem but found no answer . Can someone please help. How do i take of the bottom front panel to replace the lamp for my Sony GW KF-50WE610?

Username: Ha12vey024

Post Number: 2
I am still trying to remove the front bottom cover to change my lamp, but no luck. Any help is apprieciated.

Silver Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 269
Have you called Sony tech support?

I'd find a copy of the service manual... go by a local repair shop.. ask them..

Should be pretty simple to replace.... Sometimes you just have to PULL hard on panels to ge them to release...

PS: Once you do fiqure it out, post back.. I'm sure it would help someone....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us