36" RCA tv

Username: 400boatanchor

Denver, Co USA

Post Number: 1
I have a 2 year old RCA 36" $400 boat anchor. Recently (Sunday) while watching football I noticed that the picture on the screen was off center. There is a blackband across the bottom of the screen. It has gotten progressively worse with time, to include jumping. We live far enough away from town in the Mtns of Co. So getting someone to come take a look at this piece is almost impossible. I have checked all connections, we put another tv in its spot and its working fine. Any suggestions??

Username: Ichiban_shiseji

Post Number: 2
u have bad solder connection on vertical ic. if u want to find the spot just tap around till u find the sweet spot that fixes it

Username: Tinfoilhat

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3
Yeah, my two-year-old 36" GE (which I understand is essentially a repackaged RCA) bit the big one 2 months ago. When I powered it on, it would start to come up, then reset, over and over. The repair guys said it was a flyback unit but at this point they can't fix it either.

I'd gladly use it as a boat anchor if it weren't so damn cumbersome. Pretty much a waste of $300, but my expectations weren't that high.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us