How to turn a direct tv TiVo dvr in a regular dvr without having direct tv service!!!

Eric T.
Unregistered guest
I have been trying hook up my once direct tv tivo dvr to my cable box, therefore makeing it a regular dvr rocorder but something is causing it not to load. Im am not sure if its the fact that its a direct tv worked or something not being hooked up right. Does anyone have any input on the situation

Tivo_jkqwelr
Unregistered guest
Direct TIVO only works with the satellite signal, there is no way to connect it to your cable box. For one thing, a Direct TIVO saves the digital satellite signal direct to it's hard drive, so it lacks the conversion hardware necessary to record an analog signal or a TV signal.
The RF input connector on the back is just a pass thru, it doesn't do anything to the input signal except pass an antenna signal thru to the output connector when the unit is turned off. There are no analog or video inputs on a Direct TIVO recorder.
A series one standalone TIVO, which can record from a cable box in the manual mode without a subscription, runs about $60 to $70 on Ebay.
An alternative is to find out what kind of TIVO like device your cable company offers, most cable companies off this as an added service.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us