HDTV channels do not fit my screen

Michelle Mannix
Unregistered guest
I can not get my hdtv channels to fit the entire screen on my tv. Someone said something about an HDMI to DVI cable. Will this help?? Also my tv is a widescreen I didnt know if that made a difference and I could not view HD channels on a full screen or what?? I have a JVC widescreen 48" and I have an HD box from Comcast.

Username: Justfig

Maynardville, TN USA

Post Number: 4
Michelle, turn the cable box off and then hit the "setup" button then quickly hit the "menu" button. Check to see that the settings are "TV 16:9" the output signal should be at 1080i and I run mine at 480i for the 4:3 over ride.
Hope this helps ya.

JF

Username: Justfig

Maynardville, TN USA

Post Number: 5
I should have said the buttons are on the remote for the Comcast HD box :-)

Username: Bill_k

Madison, WI

Post Number: 3
I have the same problem as Michelle. HDTV channels do not fill the entire screen. There is a black border on all four sides. I have a Phillips 17" TV and am hooked to Charter Cable, don't know make of their HD cable box. Do you think the cable box "setup" and "menu" button idea will work for me too?

Username: Bill_k

Madison, WI

Post Number: 4
I have the same problem as Michelle. HDTV channels do not fill the entire screen. There is a black border on all four sides of the picture. I have a Phillips TV and am connected to Charter Cable. I don't know the make of their cable box. Do you think the "setup" and "menu" button idea will work for me?

Username: Ehdmi

Post Number: 3
My set haas option to change the screen sizes, i.e. "stretch""widescreen""grey bars". You may want to double check those aren't in use. If not, go through setup and make sure the right resolution is set there. If that doesn't work, getting HDMI connections may do the job.

Keith
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us