Why is there a digital break up line at the top of a HDTV when viewing 480 SDTV channels?

Bronze Member
Username: Mystro

Post Number: 77
I have noticed at the very top of my screen a digital scrambled line when viewing SD 480 channels on direct TV Sat? It is more noticable on some channels than others. HD channels are perfect, of course.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 445
I'm sure you are using a digital HDMI connection.
It doesn't happen with component video cables.
DVI/HDMI is not a perfect science.

Username: Villanman

Post Number: 8
I Have 2 HD Directv boxes.. one connected via HDMI and the other HDMI to DVI.. I don't have any problem with the SD Channels.

RandyM
Unregistered guest
I think you are describing the analog closed captioning (CC) info on line 21. Incredibly, DirecTV doesn't remove this info from the original SD source, which may have been over-the-air or cable. HD signals, of course, do not support analog CC. Your display has very little overscan or is possibly centered a little low, which is why other people may not see it on their units.

Bronze Member
Username: Mystro

Post Number: 78
Fixed It!... On my H10 HD sat box, there is a screen centering feature under the HD display.
It was off abit and needed tweaked for analog broadcast. My 1080P shows this off centering but native 480p kinda hides it. Of course HD is always perfect.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us