Help with Highlight Film

Username: Corner23

Post Number: 1
Hello,
I'm a newbie to all this but I've been reading the boards and somewhat have an idea of what's going on. However, this may still get long:

I want to create a sports highlight film on DVD. Some of my clips are on my Dish Network DVR and others on VHS.

Question #1) Do I need to get a DVD Recorder with RAM to be able to pause and restart recording so that I can get all the clips from various sources onto 1 DVD seamlessly?

Question #2) I also want to go back and edit this on the computer adding music and maybe still pictures. Wouldn't it just be easier to make it into a DVD on the DVDR first, then put the DVD in the computer and edit from there? Is that possible or would I have to connect my PC to all these sources and edit from there?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated and God bless you in advance!

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1844
If you use a RAM disc, you'll need a RAM drive for the PC. You'll need an authoring program for the PC. I paid $70 for the one I use.

Username: Corner23

Post Number: 2
Thank you so much. So if I understand it right I will be able to edit a DVD made on my DVD Recorder using my PC as long as I have an authoring program, right? Do you mind recommending the program that you use? Does it require a ton of space? I have an 'older' (2002)computer that is already prone to spazzing out.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1860
I use TMPGEnc DVD Author on a 2002 PC with a 1.5 processor and 512mb of RAM. The program requires that much memory. RAM is really cheap after rebates these days if you don't have that much. The program is free for 30 days, then it's $70 to buy. Defrag your hard drive before installing and using, it will work better.
http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/tda16.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us