Just ordered a HD/DVR from Directv

D & F
Unregistered guest
I just ordered the HD/DVR w/off-air antenna from Directv (18 x 20 triple LNB) to be installed next weekend. Can anyone tell me the pros & cons of the off-air antenna & will I have any sound sync problems I have been hearing about? Secondly, will I get the new MPEG-4 receiver that everyone is talking about? I have a Samsung DLP HLP 5163W?

Username: Westly197

Oceanside, CA USA

Post Number: 2
You made a nice choice, I feel the Tivo software Directv uses does the best job of recording your programs. My Dish 921 was always missing the programs due to it recording by time slot only and not program. I have read that Directv will upgrade users when they expand the HD locals in your area cost free if you replace it through them (Not a retailer), but this information is VERY unofficial and 3rd party information. I just got rid of my Dish Network 921 (very buggy unit always having issues)and have decided to rent from the cable company till I can get a new model box with mpeg4 support. I'm getting two HD DVR's so I just don't want to risk it. Directv also had most of the network HD channels and dish only has one (and takes a waver from your local provider to get).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us