A warning to FreeTv'ers about FTA

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 598
A warning to FreeTv'ers about FTA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FTA requires YOU to do alot of homework. DTV was too easy and spoiled everyone. Consequently what we have are a bunch of free Tver's wanting more free TV, nice & easy, the way they've always had it. True hobbiest led the way for others by pioneering the software to make the FTA boxxes decrypt encrypted signals from various providers. The use of the FTA receiver to get these Sats and transponders towit "channels" requires a software modification of the firmware inside the IRD (integrated receiver decoder). Flashing a Pansat 2300a with the x-7500 bin and THEN using compatible equiptment (i.e. dishes,lnbs, etc.) will facilitate the decryption of the transmitted data. In other words, If you flash a unit and have a D T V or DN dish pointed at the proper satellite, you will get TV. There are many sats in the sky and D T V uses 101 as their main transmitting sat. From behind the D T V dish you would turn the dish to the right to find 110 and further right will be the 119. These are also slightly lower in elevation. If you are NOT a true hobbiest and slightly mechanically inclined, aiming the dish will probably be a tedious & frustrating experience for you. It's better to call a professional and have him aim the dish than to make yourself and others crazy. There are how to's all along the way, but again I say, this requires YOU to do homework and educate yourselves about what actually transpires to bring you TV. You CAN USE D T V Equiptment to find the sats! There's a post here explaining how. This is THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF YOUR SYSTEM! Tracking the sats accurately will give you exactly what you're looking for, and a strong, quality signal IS neccessary! Many of these boxxes (FTA's) are capable of tracking 63 differnet sats and receiving over 3500 channels (setup properly w/switch's). Yes , these receivers also require a switch to correctly choose (track) the satellite of the channel you request with your remote control. When the dish is installed correctly complete w/switch, and the IRD has been flashed (modified) you will have what you wanted, Glorious uninterupted TV! Please, take the time to read up on what you're trying to do. These forums are for technical questions. Do your homework before you ask. FTA is here to stay, so jump in if you want. Be prepared to work a little and strain your brain a little.

Read, Read, Read, till your eyes bleed. DO NOT ask any questions until U have read a few weeks...Also this is called TESTING, so TEST and try diffrent things before U ask questions! If this is NOT for you, hire a professional or sub to one of the providers in your area. Lazy, non reading, non testing, FREE Tv'ers will NOT be helped!...SUBSCRIBE...cause this is alot of READING and TESTING and time consuming!...and there will be many times U are missing some channels,or have no TV, or have no TV guide as U know it!...U will have to TEST it to fix it!

Silver Member

Post Number: 601
The above cannot be stressed enough to everyone here!..we have no mods/admins to help and maintain and control these forums..there are ONLY a very few helpers who will and are capable of helping...If U annoy them constantly with basic redundant questions,eventually they will leave and U will have NO helpers here..U all saw the other night when DN did a very simple key change and most all U freaked out cause U had NO FREE TV!..well now U better start reading and listening when people post answers or U will NEVER have FREE TV...the helpers enjoy helping to a point,then it gets annoying...the helpers have families and lives of their own too, and other interests!...they CANNOT sit here all day, babysit U, and SPOON FEED all the LAZY non readers and non testers!..they too,the helpers here, must read at other forums (which is time consuming) to always be learning, so they can come back here to help U newbies and FREE TV'ers who at least READ and TEST ON THEIR OWN!

mountainman
Unregistered guest
Three weeks ago I didnt have a clue what you where talking about.....reading about a week, it not only made since, it became easy to do. JUST READ....most questions are already answered..alot are the same questions......SO THANKS TO THILL1951, H3LT3R_SK3LT3R, SPANKEYFTA, SLO_HAND, AND A FEW OTHERS!!!!! It is very appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Slo_hand2

Post Number: 222
This post just promotes what I learned when I was a newbie, and now I propmte the same thing, READ< READ & Read more, I would like to quote thill 1951 "Read, Read til your eyes bleed" that is so true, not only will you be learning a new skill "Testing" but you will enjoy what you have even more.
thanks Thill for a very good narative my hats off to you my friend :-)

Username: Louwho31

Post Number: 1
been reading from this forum for months , you all have helped... thanks.... i now have a fortec lifetime ultra and getting echo6,8 great...would like to switch to echo7 ....i cant seem to locate it by moving the dish slightly right and up during antenna setup (i noticed that echo7 lnb local frequence is set differnet 10750) than echo6,8 11250.. how should echo 7 be set ......?????

Silver Member

Post Number: 224
change it to 11250

Silver Member

Post Number: 607
Don't change the subject of this thread...and your post just re-iterated my point...U need to read and do your homework!...your question is answered 1000x here..

answer ..same as the 6/8...11250

Bronze Member
Username: Thehitch

Fla.

Post Number: 69
Lou are you sure its different? On my Vwsat its the same(11250) or rather I didn`t change and I get both sats(703 chnls). I am a noob and still learning, so don`t take this as gospel, but I`m sure I`ll be corrected if wrong.

Post Number: 2
thanks ... i got to figure that it is a function or spec of the direct tv lnb / dish that i am using...have you any other tips for aligning a dish...i once was set for echo7 last summer but lost my stations to nag2..and changed to echo6,8 for the movies til that went 2...ive reloaded my stb with 2.55c and love the new color (blue) have tried using channel master to load channel list and it wants to change my stb back to some older bin without nag2...any help there would be appriciated...thanks lou

Post Number: 3
sorry thill ,, ive done lots of reading and this is the first time i have posted a question...thehitch...im not saying its correct that the echo7 should be 10750..im only saying that the factory settings /2.55 bin or that channel master program set it to that...lou

Bronze Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 28
Back to the thread-on-hand! There is lots of info on "how to's" and what not, but it is apparent that some people, "no matter what is said," still want the easy way out! Guess what? I have to quote "Thill" on that one "the only easy way out is to pay for your services"... I'm in no way, shape or form and expert. I do however help with what I do find and to be honest, it's a shame that people don't read and find answers to questions they intend to post knowing they've already been answered.
Anyway, Thill, Slo, Spanky and others. Thanks for the help and know that I'll always be posting new findings if I think they will help others.

Hawaiian Time
Unregistered guest
Good point Thill. I have never posted a question because when I enter the forum, my question is already answered about 10 times. I get frustrated just reading the same questions over and over again so I can imagine how frustrating it must be to try and answer them over and over again! But then people who don't want to read surely won't read a post telling them to read, so there will still be those who are lazy. The only posts I make are to thank people. So mahalo Thill, and mahalo to all the helpful but frustrated regulars. You are all appreciated!

read n learn
Unregistered guest
word up....

read n learn
Unregistered guest
word up....

Bellyacher
Unregistered guest
SAVE YOUR MONEY! THIS HOBBY IS DEAD COME JULY!

Changing keys is easy now, so is downloading new fixes, what about in June when DN goes ROM 102 card / yellow card like BEV did. Then it will be over like Dave was, even more door stoppers out there. Less grey market revenue for U.S. advertisers too, instead of buying a Chevy off Dave they will buy a Ford from Charlie in Canada =)

Until July, it will be easy. After then game over no matter what FTA box you have.

Enjoy while it is here because it is going gone this summer... and for the hastle it will be cheaper to just subscribe or get the rabbit ears out. There are so many PPVs one can watch only so many times... except for the pervs get off on the free p0rn, start recording guys, LOL

Save your money, subscribe =) Dealers are seeing a kiling off these cheap 50 japanese junk box where the video stinks on all of them too...

Until they hack Dave or Bev (which is never) they are a pain in the posterior. Once then, you get what you pay for unless you buy a box now where it would be cheaper to subscribe for the amount of life left in these poor video crap boxes with equally cheap sound. I liked my RCA for Dave better, at least it had a menu.

Silver Member
Username: Spank

Post Number: 241
Thanks for the comic relief Bellyacher that is hilarious. "Hobby is dead come July" -hahaha, that's funny stuff - clearly you don't have the slightest idea about what you are talking about which makes the whole post just seem even funnier. Thanks I needed a good laugh.

satlover
Unregistered guest
hm... we have been heard this for over a year and ... seat back and enjoy it, why so worry !

Silver Member

Post Number: 226
Belly must be in a time warp:-)

DreamBox_vs_otherFTAs
Unregistered guest
Will a dreambox work after July? How does a dreambox differs from other FTAs? If we can get 8 months of free TV, it is great anyway! Long live FTA!

ASK Mr.Maple
Unregistered guest
You need to ask Maple Leaf, he knows everything
about a dream box.....ROTF

John-Ann
Unregistered guest
Thill, are there any good books out about FTA?
If so where can I get some to read?

Silver Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 537
@DreamBox_vs_otherFTAs

Disregard Bellyacher's post, it is OLD, talking about the summer of 2005 NOT next year, which just shows how unpredictable FTA could be.

Dreambox is closer to a mini linux box than a cheap korean made fta receiver, you have a faster processor, more ram, it's just more powerfull in all aspects of it, BUT if you are unfamiliar with setting up Linux through command line, it'll require a hefty learning curve (although programmers are making it easier on users with each release.)

And we will always have free TV, people MUST understand what true FTA is and what signal theft using FTA is.

Anonymous

Thnx for all of the helpfull guys like, thill, spanky and h3lt3r_sk3lt3r , I flashed my fortec yesterday, I did it first time just, follow yours advices and now i am watching it back, thnx a lot guys, you are realy great...

north ontario
Unregistered guest
If I download a channel list into my fta then I dont have to make a channel scan? thanks guys.

Silver Member

Post Number: 549
@north ontario

Yes, just make sure your dish is aligned correctly and that you're getting the highest possible signal.

Bellyacher
Unregistered guest
OK, so FTA will be around, fine, this is not what I meant, I menat DN will be gone like all the rest. Leaving only FTA.

What I was refering to was DN doing a swap this summer 2006, not old news to N2 last summer which has been comrpomised on 101 card not 102.

Seems some in the know here say, no, I am full of ka ka, I should be embarassed to say DN is doing card swap to new cards this summer.

Is this right?

Maybe I am wrong, there will be no card swap.

Which is it? Is there a swap or not. I read there will be. Now here you put donkey ears on me and say no there is not.

I hope not but hear there will be, maybe some one can set record straight here.

Silver Member

Post Number: 620
Stay with the subject!...

This place is just like the movie Groundhog day...nothing ever changes..stuck in time...the twilight zone!...same lazy people with dumb questions!...98% here are lazy...so I will ONLY help the 2% who ask intelligent questions who U can tell have done their homework and reading efforts..

No more answering:...SPOON FEEDING DAYS ARE GONE!...these have already been answered 1000x here

what are lastest keys,those don't work?
where can I get latest bins?
how do I aim dish?
how do I enter the keys?
which flash cable do I use?
what is echo 7? or 6/8?
how can I get free TV?
is Bev hacked yet?
how can I get Dave?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
@Thill

You forgot one of the most comon ones!

How do I flash my "Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah" unit?

Silver Member

Post Number: 551
@Bellyacher

Misinformation is the mother of all contradictions, first they said it was coming this November and all FTA's would be dead, then it was after the New Year's, now it's the summer of 06, if it keeps moving like that maybe we'll never get to it.

So what's the next rumor you've heard?

Bronze Member

Fla.

Post Number: 74
I heard Charlie is giving up on ECM`S due to the expense and is instead, buying out the fta manufacturers so he can at least profit from the sale of them.lol!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 231
LOL Hitch

Silver Member

Post Number: 621
rom 10 cards are working with the latest files...but that is truth,not rumor!...but its also a VERY simple ECM target for Charlie which could fry your receivers someday..

but now I just hijacked my own thread!...LOL

Username: Erichu10

Los Angeles, California Usa

This is a stupid question but I just want curious. How long this FTA will be last? I heard it will be last at least 6 more months is that true? Please advise

Silver Member
Username: Spank

Post Number: 253
Eric, this is where you should go to find out:
http://www.onlinepsychic.com/

satlover
Unregistered guest
Eric,
You can buy FTA and enjoy it now ...
or waiting and worry about it ... haa haa haa ...

Post Number: 3
Actually I already had 2 VIEWSAT receivers already, but my girlfriend wants me to buy 4 VIEWSAT more. Since I read some posted somewhere I can't remember saying the FTA not continues any more or buying card 101 or dish monkey something. That's make me scare. Anyhow I will buy 4 VIEWSAT with a cheap price $170 each why not to buy it

Silver Member

Post Number: 624
This should always be a sticky here!

Bronze Member

Fla.

Post Number: 86
Eric, sorry to post so late, but I just bought my Vwsat Pro/Card read., shipped for $1850.00 USD And it works perfectly, all I`m saying is SHOP til you drop. I got it in three days.

Silver Member

Post Number: 566
@Thehitch

Anything over a $1000 is a ripoff :-)

I'm sure you meant $185 or at least I hope you did :-)

lbnj2000
Unregistered guest
FTA is here to stay, and even if we lose all the Dave's, Charlie's and Bev's birds forever there are still plenty of free satellite programing to watch with the FTA receivers. Just look at what's out there.
http://www.lyngsat*com/freetv/United-States.html

Bronze Member

Fla.

Post Number: 92
Yes, thanks h3lt3r_sk3lt3r I did mean 185 and it was Plat/card rdr, not pro. I was watching a friend get some land cleared, man is that thirsty work, all that watching, hence my mental acuity was subdued or as some say buzzed. lol!!!

Username: Hbhtut

Question and I am not A newbie been reading for a year before posting falshed my 2700 no problems. tried to flas my 2500 with 257 bin flash updATE FAILED. i FActory reset but still no luck can anybody tell me why all of a sudden my flashes won't go through problem on multiple boxes not just one so i know it is not the box.
any feedback would be graet and you can im me

Silver Member

Post Number: 678
wrong thread!...stay on subject...post in another appropriate thread...

simple..2700 uses different cable than 2500...and YES,thats newbie info!...need straight F-F DB9 cable (not 2700 null modem cable)

Username: Winddos

Post Number: 1
Where can I download the latest fix for Lifetime Ultra? I tried the link somebody had already posted here, but I was unable to acess the site.

thank you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 688
stay on the SUBJECT!

Post Number: 4
Well I just got 4 VIEWSATS only $165 each for pick up, this is very good deal isn't it?

Samer 2222
Unregistered guest
Fortecstar Ultimate is it good
and how to make triks with the chaneles ??

Silver Member

Post Number: 611
@Eric Hu

Dude what is it like a contest between you and other FTA buyers?

Unregistered guest
I've been reading threads in here for awhile now, and I think I'll take Thill's advice. I have alot more reading to do before I take the plunge. LOTS of info to go through before I get a receiver, a month or 2

satellitesurfer
Unregistered guest
ihave learned a lot in just a few weeks here, now i know what i can and cannot do with my system. It is great that we help each other out here. This is one of the main places i go to see what is happening with fta. thanks everyone.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Samer - Fortec is not a bad receiver, it's easy to use and relatively inexpensive. However, there are better receivers out there. (This coming from a Fortec user)..... LOL

It's like anything else, use what works for you!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us