Yet another Panasonic DMR-E85H TV-Guide question

Username: Scm2000

Post Number: 1
I've had a panasonic DMR-E85H dvd recorder for about a year now, using it with DirecTV. Recently I switched to digital cable. So now I am happy that I can start using the TV-Guide feature. My question is that the manuals says to leave it off for 24 hours to get the guide the first time, do I really have to do that or can I just leave it off over night and during the day when I am not watching TV, but use it for a few hours at night to watch TV and still get the guide the first time?
So far I have left it off over night and the TV guide screen message no longer says "search for data failed", it now says "no data for this screen" or some such thing that makes me think it found the TV guide signal but has not yet downloaded enough data.

micah_minotaur
Unregistered guest
it's also possible your cable company does not support the tv guide download feature. i've heard some companies do this to 'encourage' customers to use the cable company's own dvr units over commercially available ones like the dmr-ehxx to view and use programmed listings.

grimdeep
Unregistered guest
so how do you find out if the cable company supports tv guide feature? any suggestions

I have been trying with the toshiba rxs34 dvr, i get the tv guide channels but no data (for the listings) continues to show re: "info" for each channel

fx
Unregistered guest
"so how do you find out if the cable company supports tv guide feature?"

If you have a Motorola cable box and it is any model with a series higher than 2xxx it will not pass the guide data. In other words a Motorola DCT2412 passes the data, a DCT5200, 6200, 6208, 6412 or the new 3412 series will not pass the guide data. It is a conflict with the Motorola design and the data provided by Gemstar.

I believe all the Scientific Atlanta boxes passes the data just fine and I am not sure about Pace.

Your cable company cannot help but Motorola and Gemstar are trying to work out the kinks as we speak.

xvxvxvx

Bronze Member
Username: Venik

Ny, Ny

Post Number: 27
I am in NYC (Time warner digital cable), and I am using a Scientific Atlanta box, but I have not gotten any TVGOS since August or September this year.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us