DVD Recorder/Satellite/TV Playthrough

Username: Carobe

Post Number: 2
I posted this under another thread that was not correct, realized didn't really apply--so here goes:
I have just added a DVD Recorder to my home system and am trying to set it up for all input to play through the DVD. Have Dish 721 PVR, Awai receiver, and Samsung TXN3245 TV. Currently have the Dish hooked in Composite to the TV, SVideo to the DVD, and the DVD hooked Component out to the TV, with Coaxial audio from DVD and digital audio from dish to receiver. Satellite output plays through the DVD okay, but the picture is jagged and not clear. If I record from PVR or Satellite and play it back on the DVD it's fine. The DVD recorder (cheap COBY R1000) has a built in tuner, could this be a problem? Or is it SVideo-->Component degredation? Trying to do this so I can just leave the TV on the Component input all the time and not have to switch for DVD viewing (or recording, although you set the input on timed recording). Thanks in advance...

Unregistered guest
i also bought the cobyr1000 and for the last 3 weeks have been trying to get it to record, i have a hdtv ready mitsubushi widescreen tv and the motorola hdtv cable reciever and cannot record i contacted coby and sent some great pictures of the back for help in conecting, can play dvd's on tv but cannot record, should not be much different in your satelite connection, have you been able to record in high def or on any other channels, thanks, glen

Username: Carobe

Post Number: 3
Glen, I've successfully recorded but only live, not timed--when I set it for timed it just never happens, a message appears about continue recording, I answer yes and never starts.. I have written Coby, but no response yet. I'm hooked up S-Video input and composite out, I think for the timed recording there must be a trick I don't know.

Good luck, if I don't get resolved before 30 days it's going back to Fry's....

Unregistered guest
I have an Emerson dvd recorder i'm trying to hook up to a tv/satelite box/tv/rf modulator. How should I hook up all these together.

Bronze Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 80
Need more info on what inputs the TV has. The satellite should be hooked the recorder with an s-video cable if possible, if not then RCA jacks. The recorder should hook to the TV using the component out if possible, if not then an s-video cable, if it doesn't have an s- video input then use RCA jacks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us