Denon 2910 Problems with HDMI

George73
Unregistered guest
I just recently purchased a 2910 and have had nothing but trouble with the HDMI connection. I was using an MIT HDMI cable direct to my also brand new Denon 3806 amp. Out of the box everything seemed to be working fine the first day except for a couple of brief 1-2 second interruptions in the audio playback. I thought it might have been the cd so I let it go, however the next day while watching a movie the sound dropped out entirely. And then the picture would do a kind of stop start motion as well. I tried different cds and dvds and had much the same results, but every once in awhile it would work ok for awhile. This makes me think that its the player and not any of the settings, or maybe the HDMI cord.I had this problem no matter which of the two HDMI inputs were used on the 3806. Hooked up with RCA cables the thing works perfectly fine. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem with the Denon 2910 or HDMI product?

Bronze Member
Username: Jbecvar

Post Number: 77
I've had mine for a year, only use an hdmi to dvi for the picture to my hdtv, it's never given me a problem before.

Colm Heap
Unregistered guest
Finally found someone who is having the same problem. My Denon 2910 will lose sound for a split second 4 or 5 times in a movie, very irritating as the picture is excellent. I am using DVD-I to projector for picture and optic out to Marantz amp for sound (Coaxial gave the same problem). Contacted Denon help site but no response. Updated firmware to see if it would resolve but no luck. Supspect we may have a dodgy batch if others are working OK. If you are still in warranty might be worth getting a replacement.

mark the spark
Unregistered guest
Oh dear... I also have a new 2910 and 3806. I spent the weekend trying to get the HDMI to work - video is fine, but no audio at all, despite playing with all the settings on both... It keeps switching to EXT IN. even though I've set it to HDMI-1.

Username: Bintl

Post Number: 1
I just brought the 2910 Denon DVD player and the denon 3806 receiver. Totally frustrated, have spent the whole day trying to figure it out but no luck with video or audio with HDMI. Tried connecting the DVD player directly to the infocus 7210 projector and able to get video. Is there any special setup required in the receiver to get it going..Please help...

mark the spark
Unregistered guest
yep, totally frustrated - me too.

I found that I had to change the 3806 Video Setup/HDMI Assignment: the HDMI Audio setting had to be set to TV instead of AMP to get the video coming out on HDMI, but then no HDMI Audio. After that, I upgraded to the latest firmware:
http://www.denon2910.freehomepage.com/

After resetting the HDMI Audio to AMP, I was able to get both Audio and Video on HDMI.

Username: Bintl

Post Number: 2
Yes..It works... Thanks

Username: Arslgu

Post Number: 1
i had same problem! I think it's a problem with the HDMI connection and the 3806 receiver, as the receiver fried two DVDs, the 2910 by denon and the dv29 by arcam.

Danny Olsen
Unregistered guest
I connected my samsung HD850 dvd player to my new
Sony KDF-E42A10 with an HDMI cable and I am not
getting any sound. I don't know if I need to enable something on my TV or what...Help if you can...Thank you.

Post Number: 2
i am having same prob. apparently only solution is to use other connection for sound

Post Number: 4
i am having same prob. apparently only solution is to use other connection for sound

Unregistered guest
i have a 2910 DVD, 3806 RCV and TH50PHD7UY plasma with TY-FB7HM hdmi expansion board... so:
when i plug 2910 direct to TV... works fine (over HDMI cable only)
But, when i plug 2910 -> 3806 -> TV... "no signal" do not work (too with HDMI cable)
I try on other config to test my RCV... ( 1920DVD -> 3806 -> TV lcd 26pol) and work fine!
What is wrong???

Unregistered guest
i have a 2910 DVD, 3806 RCV and TH50PHD7UY plasma with TY-FB7HM hdmi expansion board... so:
when i plug 2910 direct to TV... works fine (over HDMI cable only)
But, when i plug 2910 -> 3806 -> TV... "no signal" do not work (too with HDMI cable)
I try on other config to test my RCV... ( 1920DVD -> 3806 -> TV lcd 26pol) and work fine!
What is wrong???

Anonymous

3806 is a beautiful unit but if you let someone else fiddle with it they can change inputs and outputs and you loose the picture or sound until you can "locate" them ...they were in there but I had to do alot of fiddling. The unit is so versatile that it takes abit of practice to use it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us