Sharp LC32GD6U with SA CableCard

John_H222
Unregistered guest
Wondering if anyone else has had trouble with a Sharp LC32GD6U with a SA CableCard. The provider is Time Warner in NYC.

When it works, the system is excellent. However, it frequently pastes over the picture a black block containing an error message claiming there is no broadcast available.

In fact the sound an picture are fine, except that they are being obscured completely by this error message.

It is erratic -- you can get rid of it by changing channels, then coming back.

I had the CableCard changed last week, and the guy checked the signal levels and found them ok.

But this pesky problem persists. It has been like this from the beginning -- many months now.

Has anyone else had trouble like this?

Thank you for your insights.

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 488
Contact Sharp and report the problem, then please update us with what is said. I will tell you this, don't settle for the standard response "it's your cable providers problem", I'm not saying your provider is not at fault, I'm just saying tell them to esculate this to engineering or tech support and except nothing less then cooperation from both TWC and Sharp to resolve this issue. You can also ask your TWC office to put you in touch with a tech supervisor and make sure they are fully investigating every option with Sharp to resolve your problem. They have the access and ability, you just need to keep on them until they find the solution.
Keep us posted regardless.
thanks,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us