Re: Panasonic 1080 i HDTV 47 inch-It's too bright!

Unregistered guest
When we first got the tV it seemed that the screen was too bright and was hurting our eye's no matter how we adjusted the settings. then out of nowhere it seemed to adjust itself(maybe we're crazy). for 2 weeks the picture was perfect. Then tonite we put in the new DVD Kill Bill, while watching the movie everything was fine but then when we turned the DVd player (Toshiba DVD/VCR) off it was too damn bright again even when trying to adjust the settings. What do we do about this? It's not like we're sitting too close to the tV. it was fine for two weeks out of nowhere. Frustrating that we can't even enjoy the TV.

tscc
Unregistered guest
the panasonic pt47wx53 should have the ability to change video setting for each input (ie: DVD, TV, video 1,2...) you also have to remember that all manufacturers set there TV to very high, bright settings so that if they are used as store demos they will shine brightly. Also if you happen to have Star Wars ep. 1 or finding nemo on DVD go to its menu and use the THX optimizer. It will help you set your tv to thx specs, just follow the instructions.

Username: Reinert

Post Number: 1
just got cablevision to hook up my toshiba 50 hd
awesome, bought monster cable component wires $70 and monster cable connector wire to replace all wires they istalled, picture is not as sharp - are there different settings on tv for monster cables, or should i just go back to cablevisions wires which seemed good - also i view lower channels through my progressive vcr - awesome clarity, even the higher channels (not dvd) look like dvd (the rest of of my wires are all acoustal)

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 381
Digital Video Essentials is even more comprehensive than the THX optimizer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us