Newbie needs help for satellite cable wiring

tho_x_tran
Unregistered guest
I currently have TV cable wiring run to 4 rooms in my home. The switchbox is in a closet on the 1st floor. The *single* TV input cable run from the switchbox through the first floor walls to outside wall where it is connected to the TimeWarner cable (which I have disconnected). That is, there is only one input wire run to the switchbox. Can I install a satellite with just one wire ? I do not really care about local.channels. I do not want to dig more holes in the house. I had both Dish and Direct TV technician come over and they both said they would have to dig holes through the ceiling of the 1st floor over the closet and run the (double or triple) wires through the roof where they are connected to the dish. I really do not want to dig more holes particularly on the ceilings. My appreciattion.

Silver Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 272
@tho_x_tran

If you're trying to do it with the FTA, you can.

You'll just have to daisy chain your recievers in all 4 rooms.

tho_x_tran
Unregistered guest
I was thinking about leaving the switch outside the house right where the TV cable is run into the house. That way, I will connect two wires from the dish to the switch. I have a box left over from Time Warner, with the switch inside the box, it will avoid weather problem such as rain. But since there is only 1 wire run into the house, this would mean I can only have one room usable. Is there any other way to watch in another room ? I do not think daisy chain is possible based on the current wiring in the house. Also, the cable length from the switch to the FTA receiver is about 50 ft, is that a problem ? Would that cause significant loss of signal strength ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 281
@tho_x_tran

If there was only one wire coming into your house when you had time warner, how was the cabling set up so you could watch TV in 4 rooms, did you have a splitter? Be more specific.

50ft is fine.

tho_x_tran
Unregistered guest
The splitter is in a box installed in the wall in a closet on the 1st floor. The wires go to 4 rooms from there. The only input wire goes outside via the wall, not the roof. Nowaday TV cable does not need 2 wires anymore, it still can provide DTV.

tho_x_tran
Unregistered guest
Forgot to say, I intend to use FTA (Pansat, Viewsat, etc ..), (at least) dual LNB and also thank you too.

Silver Member

Post Number: 282
@tho_x_tran

"Nowaday TV cable does not need 2 wires anymore, it still can provide DTV."

Not sure what you mean, but it doesn't really matter, what you will need is a 4x4 multiswitch with 22khz (around $15).

And you'd have to decide on the type of lnb you get, because FTA uses linear while DN uses circular for 110/119 and linear for 121. OR you can get one of those Invacom universal lnbs to receive both.

tho_x_tran
Unregistered guest
Allow me to be clearer of my need. I do not care to watch different programmings in different rooms, only be able to watch in any room when need to but only one room at a time. By the way, all current cables are RG-6.

Silver Member

Post Number: 284
@tho_x_tran

Are you getting only 1 receiver or 4?

tho_x_tran
Unregistered guest
I intend to have 2 so I would not have to MOVE the receiver each time I am in a different room. My main question is how many wires I need to go from OUTSIDE to the splitter in my closet on the 1st floor. I only have 1 input wire right now and really do not want to drill holes. (By the way, you posted at 2:17 AM and I appreciate that. I was too tired to stick around ;^()

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 454
This is one confusing unclear post!...If U want 1 satellite (110 or 119 which are Dishnetwork channels ..need a simple single circular LNB ) or 2 satellites (110 AND 119....need twin dish pro LNB or 2 dual legacy with external disque switch) then your LNB's on dish makes a big difference..but either way U can have 1 cable coming into 1 receiver then split to 2 TV's BUT both TV's will be watching same channel at same time..

BTW...why need 2 receivers if U are only watching 1 room at a time...just need 1 receiver and can have 10 TV's in house all watching same channels..and can buy an extended IR remote small box,so U can change the receiver channels from anywhere in the house

tho_x_tran
Unregistered guest
Finally, I guess I have my question fully answered now. One can always learn. Could you suggest me some equipments to buy (somewhere in the middle, not top of the line). I have a RP-LCD so I like a receiver that offers Component Video out or DVI/HDMI with SPDIF audio out. How much would that cost me ?

Thank you very much.

Bronze Member
Username: Thehitch

Fla.

Post Number: 45
Morning guys,Thanks again for all the help, I`m still testing, currently on one sat, all I had was one lnb. As I was reading in the beginning I thought I read can`t use DN twin cause of internal sw. Then I saw it mentioned someone was using same. I have sub to DN/d.pro(500), can I use the lnb from that and just set my STB differently to read combined signal from DP-PRO lnb. Thanks I should know this from the reading I have done, but It isn`t coming to me. I hope you haven`t thrown your spoon away yet.lol. Thank you very much, btw the tough cookie club must be working, I noticed very little response to our local hecklers attemps to stir up schit.

Silver Member

Post Number: 470
The Tough cookie Club is getting slammed...and the mods are deleting OUR threads and posts now!...and ALL the trouble makers are having a filed day here still!

Dish pro twin LNB has built in disque switches which are used for FTA..(says DP black letters on the LNB)

Legacy twin LNB's have built in sw21 switches, which are used for Dishnet receivers (not FTA)

Silver Member

Post Number: 471
Charlie is using DPP (dish pro plus) LNB's lately on new installs with a DP34 switch..just run the 1 cable and do a blind scan- vertical polarity or use a DP channel list...since DP LNB's only use the vertical transonders..

copy/paste
From what I understand, the DPP is a DP Twin with a built in DP34 switch. With a DPP LNB you can have a single cable to a dual tuner and the built in switch can swap the frequency stacking of the even and odd polarities. The installation docs for a DPP LNB says that you can plug the cable directly into a Dish Pro tuner. You can also connect a legacy tuner to the 2nd LNB output but it requires that another Dish PRO tuner be installed to power the switch.

The only reason I ask is because I subscribe to dish and wanna keep my dual tuner DVR. I'm suprised this question hasn't been asked before...

Bronze Member

Fla.

Post Number: 46
The lnb has a black background with Dish Pro in light letters and is currently used with subscription to DN. It is about three years old and has two outputs for two recievers, my basic ? is can I run a cable from unused side to my STB or disconnect from DN receiver and simply hook to STB?

Silver Member

Post Number: 474
try it both ways..this is called "testing"..just remember U must Use a DP channel list...or the blind scan-vertical polarity only..

roush
Unregistered guest
I need sum help I got the new fix on but now i cant find echo 110 it just reads echo 6,8 110 its the same but my old chanel list is gone i would like my old setting back or to find echo 110 please help

Silver Member

Post Number: 476
U write.."Again Iam asking you and your gang to STOP being RUDE jirks"

Then U write in same paragraph... "You couldn't even make the chimp family Silly Thilly-Boy your azz o friends"

BUT U are calling me RUDE!...U have a mental problem kid!...JUST GO AWAY!

Bronze Member

Fla.

Post Number: 47
Thank you thill1951, you`re right it is called testing, I was being lazy, and I see we have company this morning in the form of Heckle & Jeckle, thats good cause I haven`t watched cartoons in a while on sat. am.

Silver Member

Post Number: 477
Nurse Crachett is going to be mad at U boys!...one flew over the cucoo's nest....LOL

Bronze Member

Fla.

Post Number: 48
Thank you Heckle, you`re right it was stealing, thats why I just disconnected it and threw it away. Next time I see a R.C.M.P., here in Florida I will turn myself in.

Silver Member

Post Number: 480
I seen a group of RCMP here in the Keys,drinking rumrunners,and watching FTA dishnet, while betting the football games at the tiki bar..I think its was their annual convention!....LOL

Bronze Member

Fla.

Post Number: 49
thill1951, It was a fun hobbie until Jeckle scared me with the threat of rcmp, any how swtching my existing cable to STB did work, although many chnls missing or scrambled. Didn`t I read earlier Chucky was messing around, anything further on that?

Silver Member

Post Number: 488
Charlie is playng around ,but only a few channels are affected..U should do a blind scan and vertical transponders only to get 99% of the channels....

Username: Hbk

Cusseta, Al Lee

Post Number: 1
is there anyway i can get my cablevision to come through on my hd box,direct tv,so i can get local stations in hd

Cusseta, Al Lee

Post Number: 2
is there anyway i can get my cablevision to come through on my hd box,direct tv,so i can get local stations in hd

Cusseta, Al Lee

Post Number: 3
i have a outside ant,its not worth a crap,but can i hook that and my cablevision together so when i hook it up to my direct tv hd box and scan for channells it will pick up my local stations,so i can watch them in hd?i have tried everything.

Bronze Member

Fla.

Post Number: 52
Whaysa matter lame-o jirk, nobody to play with, try yourself if you can find it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 516
The chimps got loose today!...oh,its a no school day...back to the zoo now for U chimps!

Bronze Member

Fla.

Post Number: 54
thill, please don`t get me for posting out of turn, but in an earlier thread/post you mentioned a tiki bar, I know you`re in the keys, well a good friend of mine spent alot of time down there, building tiki huts and partying, his name is Paul Peterson, but called ITIS. I knew him when I lived in CLWTR, where I grew up.

Silver Member

Post Number: 522
Don't know him,and the Keys are long...but am also a little familiar with Clearwater,Largo,Seminole, Pinellas, Palm Harbor, Hudson,Brooksville etc when I had a PT trac/trailer driving job (needed something to do back then and wanted to learn/see about Florida)..I visit friends in Gulfport often now

LARGO KEYS
Unregistered guest
Silly Thilly-boy....Is that why you used the
nick....Largo keys for a while!!!...chimp sh*it.
How many more nicks are yu going to use....Next
it will might be Miss Chimp sh*it...ROTF

Silver Member

Post Number: 540
NO...U and your aliases (kneegrows,testbaby,stupid idiots,Larry,bitchboys,analman,etc), all of whom is either 1 person or only a few people, are the troublemakers here and are the OFFICIAL CHIMP family here!

Upload

Silly Thill-boy loves the spurm bank
Unregistered guest
Yes me and my brothers are waiting for you Silly
Thilly-boy....We understand you give the best
head in town...ROTF....Just thing! All that chimp
spurm running down your lips...better watch out
you don't get knocked up Silly Thilly-boy...ROTF

Silver Member

Post Number: 545
Kneegrows / The Ecoustics mod squad...U know U and your boys there,remind me of some of the guys I see when I visit my bud who's doing a 2 year bid for the state!....U both have that same look on your faces..LOL

tho_x_tran
Unregistered guest
I have bought a Pansat 2700A, a Direct TV 18" dish + a single LNB and an install kit. I know I can only receive from one satellite (either 110 or 119). What are the differences in terms of programming from these satellite ? and which one has more signal strength ?

(Pls dont curse me if it happens the answer was posted somewhere, I could *not* find it $#(#$&()

Thanks.

tho_x_tran
Unregistered guest
Hmm, never mind, found it here !!!!

[link removed]

satlover
Unregistered guest
tho_x_tran:
depending on what do you want to see - check out the lyngsat-dot-com programming. You should get 2nd lnb to pick up both sats. And should get dual so later you can have more than one receiver.

tho_x_tran
Unregistered guest
Thanks. satlover. That'll be my next project. This is my first ever. I have some wiring constraints that prevents me from going dual LNB as I explained at first. Anyway, I have another question. Is the bin updater tool the same for any PANSAT. I saw some bin updater tool v1.4 for PANSAT 2500A but mine is a PANSAT 2700A. I understand the bin file is different though.

so lost
Unregistered guest
does anyone have the 16 diget code for the 2500a pansat

Bronze Member

Fla.

Post Number: 82
Yes, everyone who took a few minutes and looked down the threads!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us