HELP WITH ACER 26" LCD

Username: Dawnn

Post Number: 1
i dont want to pay anymore to the cable co. so will my lcd picture be ok with monster cables and reg cable tv??
thanks
( i have a feeling it wont be

Bronze Member
Username: Imustbecrazy

Post Number: 45
Dawn;

Would you provide more detail?

Are you saying that you don't want to pay for HD cable?

I'd ask, where do you live? City, State. I live in Baltimore. My Sony has an integrated TV receiver. I can and do get free HD over the air.
Thus, buy a HD OTA receiver if your close to a major city.

But as far a standard cable reception, it's a personal judgement call.

Your LCD will display in its native format 480p or 720p or 1080i, but the big concern here is that your LCD is can display more lines and a clear picture if feed correctly.

BUT, PLEASE READ. What TV do you have? Is it HD. Post it's model#.

Post Number: 2
havent bought it yet, but it may be 26" acer AL2671W wide HD ready LCD
im going from a sony trinitron tube on reg cable to LCD but HD would add another lump of $ per mth should i even buy one or maybe try one to see how it looks??
and..i live in a city -in canada
thanks!in the stores it looks great but its a disc thats playing over and over again :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Imustbecrazy

Post Number: 48
Hi Dawn;

First off, to better answer your questions, you may want to jump up one level and go to the "Plasma & LDC Flat Panel TV' forum."

Also, "i live in a city -in canada." Needs more explaining. You don't have to post your city here, but you will have to do some research. I live in Baltimore, so if I have 5 tv stations that broadcast standard, digital, and HDTV for free over the air (CBS,ABC,NBC,FOX,&UPN). Thus, I would not have to pay for HD cable to watch these channels. But, the watch HBO, Showtime, ... in HD, you will need cable or satelite.

Your research is "Does the city you live in receive HDTV channels?" Toronto(I'd guess absolutely.) But some town 300 miles away (probably not feasible unless you live on a very high mountain.) If the answer is yes, then you can spend an additional $100 USD and get HDTV Over-The-Air receiver. You will need an HDTV antenna, too. And, outside antennas do best. Also, even if you get poor signal quality in regular tv, digital and HDTV use technology that correct these problems. I know. I can scan thru the same channel 3 times (Standard, digital, and the HD). Standard is snowy, digital and HD are perfect/ I live 13 miles from the broadcast antennas.

I know stop rambling Sam.

Another consideration, the TV, itself. Do your research. A close friend of mine bought a 26" Sharp LCD HDTV. He loves the picture; however, it can't do 1080i. It's fixed at 720p. By paying a few dollars more, for I think the 32" tv, he could of had a 1080i tv.

But, again, it is your money. Buy what you like. Read these forums at your leasure. You'll find what problems we have had and how hard we worked to fix them.

Since you are buying a LCD flat panel, I won't buy the Extended warantee.

Also, consider waiting until Black Friday a.k.a. the day after Thanksgiving for truly incredible deals. Of course, most stores provide a 30 day price guarantee.

Take care.

Post Number: 4
ok so i bought the lcd and i have 30 days to decide... and i found the other site you mentioned ..thankyou!
and.. thanks for your help i appreciate that :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us