Tos CRT proj red/blue not aligned prob

Username: Miyagisan

Post Number: 1
i have a toshiba 43h70 and lovED it but now it is having this problem where the red projector is not aligned with the blue. This is only on the bottom half of the screen. it is misaligned on an angle. Upload

Silver Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 213
Digital convergance board?

1: Does this problem go away, get worse with heat, is it ok when set is first turned on?

2: Have you tried do a service level convergance?

BTW: You may want to print that picture out, take it to your local repair shop to see what they say...

More than likely it's a colder solder on the dig convergance board... that maybe you can fix yourself (if you're lucky)

Post Number: 2
1: its always the same. Not heat related(i think)
2: Dont know how to do a service level convergence but I did smack it around in my WB Tee.
thanks for the feedback

Bronze Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 32
kev: Look in our TV manual on page 20 for direction for convergence of the red green and blue CRT guns. If you don't have the manual you can find it at athttp://tacpservice.toshiba.com/ConsumerProductSupport/Manuals/TV/435561h70.pdf

Silver Member

Post Number: 226
Casey,

For the set to do what the OP has posted means there is a hardware failure... More than likely the convergence board.

I can bet you that a convergence done thru the user menu's is not going to adjust out enough. Even if it does the points between the 1 thru 9 blocks will be "wavy".

http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/brandspecific/toshiba/toshiba_tips.html

Post Number: 3
any other suggestions?

Silver Member

Post Number: 255
Have you replaced the Digital convergance board?

Unregistered guest
I have the same problem, but mine is across the whole screen and not just in the lower portion. I came in on Friday, turned it on and it just came up like that. Been that way ever since.
I have found a few help related topics on google that mention replacing chip STK392-110. Does this sound right? If not where can I order the whole Digital convergence board?
Any help is appreciated.

Shane

Silver Member

Post Number: 352
Shane,

IN 2001 when I bought a "last years" model that was doa.... there were no more digital convergance boards... and according to a source at Toshiba the part was on "eternal" back order...

It took me 9 MONTHS to get a working set.. many phones calls to ANOTHER mfg about 3 years ago. It took me 9 months to get a working set from another mfg, read some of the details here, allot of details left out... by the time everything was said and done I probably had 100 hours plus (or more!!!) "invested": https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=474384#POST474384

That was for a set that was brand-new, abit last years model.

I feel your best option would be to either find a used board, or try replacing the STK392-110 chip.

BTW: Your lucky it's lasted this long. I'd pull the board and look for cold solders. You may get lucky and your problem be related to a bad solder that over time has degraded.

Silver Member

Post Number: 386
Hey,

Just deleting some messages... was wondering if the OP fixed his set yet? (Probally not due to the Holidays, eh?)

To the Op, please post back what was wrong, what you did to fix the set when you get around to it.

Please post model number, production date, part numbers, in other words "details".... I'm sure it will help someone else who is having the same problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us