Help PLEASE change colorwheel

Anonymous

hi how hard is it to change a color wheel on samsung HLN5065W.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 410
From another thread:

Anonymous

Posted on Saturday, October 29, 2005 - 04:15 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG DLP Color Wheel Replacement and Sourcing:
If your SAMSUNG is now making a grating, loud noise (like Mine) and needs repair...it isn't your lightbulb it is your COLORWHEEL that needs fixing. This is a compilation of two emails that I dug through and found regarding HOW TO REPLACE YOUR SAMSUNG COLOR WHEEL for less than $120...AND where to SOURCE the PART. Hopefully this is Helpful for those who
POST #1:
I don't have any pictures. Just this.... Unplug your TV and disconnect all the cables at the rear of the TV. You then want to remove the lower rear panel.It's held in place with Philips screws. You then want to remove the screws holding the panel that you plug the cables into. there are several screws. Just let it hang in place. then remove the 4 screws holding the main board. You will have to remove the screw holding the fan on the lower right side. after all the panels are loose, you can pull all of them out the rear of TV to give you access to the Wheel. Don't pull too hard and pull any connections loose. However you will have to give the main board a pull to rear of the TV to break it loose. Dont worry about getting everything back in place. it only fits one way.

Next you want to remove the lamp. the instructions for this are in your manual. After you remove the lamp, you will have access to the two color wheel covers. one cover removes from the front, the other removes from the top. there is a hidden screw on the left on the top cover. It's hard to get at.

There are three screws holding the color wheel in. then just put everything together in reverse order. Just take this step by step. letme know if you run into any problems. It's not too difficult if you take your time. I ordered the color wheel from www.samsungparts.com however, you may be able to find one on EBAY for less. Samsung delivered mine it two days for $18.00. E-Mail me if you have a question. RWW0630@aol.com
Based on the posts of those who have gone before, I am in the process of replacing the color wheel on my HLN437WX. I wanted to see if I could access it before ordering the part. The part is now on order (should arrive in a couple of days), and the beast is apart on the dining table.

POST #2:
All looks fine. I did not have to disconnect any other component; just lots of screws to remove. I also only had to remove the top cover of the color wheel. I have one question though about the small white ribbon cable connecting the wheel. It looks like a pretty normal connector at the wheel, but where it plugs back into the component panel to the left it looks like the cable simply slides into this connector. Is this right? I see no way to take apart the connector. The backside of the cable has a blue surface where it is inserted into the connector. I'm guessing that is to provide proper orientation.

Any helpful experience appreciated. Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 211
Here's the org thread of the above repost: https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=495378#POST495378

Here's some more info, it's about a HLN437WX but should give you some idea's: https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=488220#POST488220
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us