Toshiba Dlp hook up question

Username: Hndsmpete

Post Number: 5
Hey guys, i finally took the plunge and bought the toshiba 52hm84 and i am excited about it, gets here in 2 days! I was wondering whatsthe best way to hook up my cable box. I have the comcast dvr hd box, and dont wanna use the CableCard because i like my on screen guide and dvr. So whats the best way hdmi or component. Also will be getting an upscale dvd player, so whatever one the dvr goes on the dvd player goes on the other. What are your suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Kwallstorm

Post Number: 19
MrP
I would use the HDMI for the upscale dvd and component for the box. Try it each way and see what work's best for you.

Bronze Member
Username: Kwallstorm

Post Number: 20
Regarding connections, I have a 46HM95 with 2 HDMI. My HD DVR is connected to one and my upscale dvd (400 dvd Sony) to the other. I also have a second progressive dvd hooked up via component for single plays.
Problem - when I switch from the DVR to the component dvd, and then go back to the DVR I only get sound and no picture. This is a DVI/HDMI connection. If I then turn on the Sony (HDMI) and switch to it I can switch back to the DVR and get both picture and sound.
I think this is a handshake problem with HDCP, has anyone else experienced this quark?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us