Sony SXRD 60 Inch

Silver Member
Username: Helpful_smurf

Post Number: 109
Oh my dear God.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7438873&type=product&id=1122655672 986

We put one of these on display yesterday and it is simply incredible. It's steep but the picture quality and size make it VERY attractive!!! Side by side with a Pioneer 60 inch (for 9500 dollars) it completely blows it away on PQ (for 5400 dollars LESS). It's absolutely SICK. Go see one and see if you agree. I love my Sammy, but this TV is flirting with me something awful.

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 493
The native resolution figure says it all.

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
The Contrast ratio has got to be pretty high as well, the brightness is simply amazing. Without question the best looking set in our HT department right now.

datman
Unregistered guest
I went and saw it last weekend and it is incredible. I actually thought it was better than the $13K Qualia! By the way, ecoustics has Sound & Vision's review of the tv linked in it's Review section. The only negative (besides the high price) pointed out in the article is that the tv does not accept direct input of 1080p signals. Given that Sony's own BluRay HD DVD technology or PlayStation 3 may be the first to provide 1080p content, why would Sony exclude this capability from it's new tv? Apparently at the moment only the new HP Pavilion and a couple of Mitsubishi DLP tvs accept 1080p sigals.

Nonetheless, if Best Buy does a 3-year 0% financing around the Super Bowl like they did last year I'm getting one.

Silver Member

Post Number: 113
They have 26 month 0% right now :-)

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 134
I agree with the 60 SXRD is the best thing out in rear projections and most TV's out by far.I wouldnt so much compare price wise to the 61 Pioneer because its 9500 because it has been out and its basically a new size for plasmas. The 50" Pioneer when it first came out it was 10,000 which was only about a year ago. Oh yeah store 169 > ALL! :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us