Which FTA to buy?

advice wanted
Unregistered guest
With the future being uncertain for FTA's and Charlie, which box should I get. VS2000 with lots of processing power, or the Pansat 3500s with Blacklist's suppport/endorsment. Thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 145
You've just answered your own question, with the future being uncertain for FTA's and Charlie, nobody knows what will work and what would be a door stop.

Silver Member
Username: Spank

Post Number: 148
Like you and Helter both said the FTA future is an uncertainty.
My advice would be pick the Viewsat Platinum - it sounds like you are only leaning towards the 3500 because of Blacklist support. Viewsat is very good - they have new bins all the time and listen to their customers for testing feedback. The EPGs for the 2 units don't even compare also. Viewsat is superior hardware and support is excellent as well. I have had no regrets since going from my pansat to a viewsat platinum.
Check out some other site's forums for feedback as well and you'll make your mind up easily.

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 342
The Viewsat at this time is the best, other than the complicated user unfriendly Dreambox

Words of Wisdom
Unregistered guest
"Its like buying a car for a short trip and after that you lose this car.
A Ford (Pansat) can take you there, but if you have the dough, get a Ferrari and enjoy the ride"............Dr. Phil

Silver Member

Post Number: 349
well put!.....but since most receivers are relatively priced the same, within $50 of each other, I recommend the Viewsat platinum which I have seen for $199..also support is availble and very important,and the Viewsat has much software support...if there's no support,then the receiver is basically useless...look at what happenned to the Blackbird since its lack of support...

Silver Member

Post Number: 350
well put!.....but since most receivers are relatively priced the same, within $50 of each other, I recommend the Viewsat platinum which I have seen for $199..also support is availble and very important,and the Viewsat has much software support...if there's no support,then the receiver is basically useless...look at what happenned to the Blackbird since its lack of support,and if U remember they were the first newest FTA craze here, about 6-12 months before the HU card died....

Bronze Member
Username: Klemper

Post Number: 57
I have a Digiwave 7000 with 30 in dish for $250, works great, in canada

Silver Member

Post Number: 355
Ryan...hate to burst your bubble but U paid too much...the dish is only $89 and the digiwave 7000 is only $123 for a total of $212,..the digiwave7000 ($123) does NOT compare to the viewsat ($199)...U can have a Viewsat platinum with a 33 inch dish for only $289 ($39 more than U paid) but there's no comparison...also a 33 inch dish isn't needed if U are ONLY talking about watching dishnet..U can pick up an 18" or 18x24 dish for $20,less, or free at many places (private sellers, flea markets, junk yard, dump, newspaper etc)..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
Ok then $ 200 plus shipping, how's that. And yes you do need a 30 in dish at my location.

Silver Member

Post Number: 356
U don't live in North America?...Ryan, I thought we be a NA name....where do U live?....my point was Viewsat and digiwave are not in the same league

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
Nope africa

Anonymous

NOT....... U sound so Canadian.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
ok

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
Ok but besides the point i want to sell this unit please make me an offer thanks

Anonymous

You dont have to buy FTA ( Free to Air). If you need advise about FTA equipment. I am using a C o o l s a t P r o 4000 for a few months and it work every penny. I spend $160 and now the price is going up every where ( More than $250) Easy to setup, easy to take care off, Fast download, no problem with the keys , etc. I got if from satcyber but now they have it in backorder. The support is not perfect because the amount of hit that the page has. But I am having lifetime support since 2002

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
I really have no complaints with my digiwave, i just recently switched to DTV. So i want to get rid of this thing. Actually one complaint the guide really sucks

Username: 6565

Post Number: 1
I am cosidering geting a viewsat reciever.Do I need to join a group to find suport for it.Do I need software?Thanks for any help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
@pcorobko

All files are free, you might want to join a few free forums to get additional support.

Silver Member

Post Number: 368
U should definitely join and register at some DSS web sites...its FREE...and READ for about 2 weeks before U even get your receiver and other hardware (dish,LNB's etc..The sites will have How To set up Guides,tips, FAQ's,and the latest software which U will need to setup your receiver...

[link removed]
[link removed]
www.gat-s.biz

anonymously yours
Unregistered guest
Does the viewsat have blind scan capabilities yet?

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
@anonymously yours

Yes.

Username: Modi55

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 1
Hello everybody,
Listen i am new to this thing but i had enough before waiting for the programmer to do my reciever so i planned to do it my self on my laptop. So i bought the cable and i have the software and i have pansat 2700 and i am planning to buy the 3500 one soon.can i get any help how to start and that will be much appreciated.

Silver Member

Post Number: 172
Look at these sites, especially future-fta (pansat only support) and al7bar:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/168756.html

Username: Slo_hand22

Post Number: 8
don't know if you need this mohamad but it might help you
application/mswordUpload
Setting up the Pansat 2700.doc (22.0 k)
it is a start up procedure for the 2700A

Username: Modi55

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 2
thanks h3lt3r_sk3lt3r and slo_hand2+2
that was helpful

Silver Member

Post Number: 412
This should help U get started..

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/171627.html

Antuka
Unregistered guest
Hi, thill1951. Since DN has update their N1 to N2, I'm thinking about the FTA receiver now. So far I have a SuperDish (from DN) intalled. Any suggestion of the receiver can work with this dish. I'm watching NBA, and Asian channel. Thank you for your time.

MMC
Unregistered guest
Help please, just installed a pansat 2700a with dish 500 dual lnb,and did a blind scan after loaded the most updated bin file and on 110 and 119 scans i only get up to a certain tp frequency,like 12661. i cant get the channels on the3 higher tp frequnecys.can anyone help.i am getting over 90 percent quality but once i get to the higher tp frequencys no quality, could it be the alignment of the dish even though i get most of the 110,119 channels.

Anonymous

MMC please don't double post in other threads

MMC
Unregistered guest
sorry,didnt know if it went threw or not,

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
@Antuka

Most FTA receivers will have no problem running with superdish, Fortec users though have reported problems.

Personally I have a superdish and so far pansat 2700a, 3500, viewsat and c00lsat had no problems with it.

Antuka
Unregistered guest
Thanx H3lt3r_sk3lt3r.

Antuka
Unregistered guest
H3lt3r_sk3lt3r, could you plz tell me which receiver is worth to invest? Thank you.

Silver Member

Post Number: 195
Any of the ones I've mentioned above, aside from Fortec, are a decent investment, personally right now I've been spending more time with a Viewsat platinum and in my opinion it's a good deal for $200.

Though I don't know if any of those receivers will be usefull come the end of DN's card swapping time, I'd recommend a viewsat.

Username: Laxey34

Miami, FL United States

Post Number: 5
I just purchase a Fortec Lifetime Ultra. I only can get Dish at 61.5 W EchoStar 3 in my area. What is the best bin available? I really want to get SkyAngel on EchoStar 3 at 61.5 W as will as Dish Network PPV and Business Channel.

Need your opinions Guys!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 415
This thread has just about beaten to death the issue of which receiver to buy..maybe it should be closed but available in the archives..

Antuka
Unregistered guest
Thanks again. H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

THE-BLOW-MAN
Unregistered guest
-A SILLY TILLY-1951-
SILLY TILLY ....IS HAVING A BABY.....I
F
U
C
K
E
D
his
A
S
S
real good and I knocked him up......He is going to
have a baby B1TCH-BOY....And Ii want you all
come to the party and watch him
S
U
C
K
on my dick.....he
S
U
C
K
S
dick like a mad man......Silly Thill-1951 is a madman when it come to dick......He won't leave
me alone.....
(B1TCH-BOY & KNE-GROW
(RULES")

punjavi+doo
Unregistered guest
ignore the jerks

DEPUTY-DOG
Unregistered guest
How very rude you are! Iam going to report you!
You need to clean up your post mr.

Anonymous

i agree

Username: Laxey34

Miami, FL United States

Post Number: 6
Can the Fortec Ultra N2 file open channels on DishNet at 61.5 degrees West (EchoStar 3)?

Silver Member

Post Number: 247
@Higman Peters

Dude it's the same n2 encryption, so yes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us