LG RH7500 finalize option not available

Username: Zoom1

Post Number: 1
Hi everybody.

Hope someone can help. My father baught a LG RH7500 HDD/DVD recorder last week, and I have installed it for him. It is a nice device and everything seems to work fine. Only one think won't work. The finalize option in the setup - dvd disk option menu is not available. The cursor always jumps over it while scrolling up and down.
I have verified that the disk protection is set to off. I have also tried another dvd-disk. But this option remains black, thus unselectable.
I have called the LG call-centre. They suggest going back to the shop where the device was baught. However I hope to find a solution via this way.
Many thanks in advance

Marc

Bronze Member
Username: Ocaklilar

IstanbulTurkey

Post Number: 24
Is the disc DVD-R or DVD-RW?

In DVD-RW VR mode no finalization is necessary.

If the disk is DVD-R, are you trying to finalize, after recording onto disc?

Post Number: 3
Hi Ocaklilar,

Thanks for asking. I indeed forgot to mention that the disk is a DVD+RW (mind the plus+).
The LG manual specifically mentions that also DVD+RW disk can be finalized, and in fact also again unfinalized.
And I tried to finalize with and without having recorded anything on the disk.

Marc

Bronze Member

IstanbulTurkey

Post Number: 25
My recorder's (SONY GX300) manual says that the DVD+RW disks will be automatically finalized. It may be the reason for Finalize option not to be enabled. May I suggest you to try with a DVD-R or DVD+R disc (not RW). I suppose, the Finalize option will be enabled next to recording anything on that disc.

Post Number: 4
Strange,

Than it is my manual against your manual. Besides that, if the DVD+RW was automatically finalized, it should run in a DVD-player, but it is not... So it is not finalized... as far as I can see.
But to make this sure, I just called my father to have him test wether the DVD+RW is playable in his DVD-player. It should if, as you mean, it was automatically finalized.
I will keep you informed.

Thanks so far.

Marc

Bronze Member

IstanbulTurkey

Post Number: 26
Marc, please keep in mind that you should also make sure your dvd player is compatible with + disks. Some are compatible with both + and -, some are compatible either + or - only.

Post Number: 5
Hi Cuneyt,

Yes, this DVD player is + compatible. I just had my father on the phone againt, and the DVD+RW disk, created in the LG RH7500, that should have been automatically finalized, as you assumed, but it does not play in the DVD player...

So as far as I can see, the disk is not automatically finalized...
So my question remains: how can I get the finalize disk option to be enabled?

Marc

Bronze Member

IstanbulTurkey

Post Number: 27
Hi Marc,

Sorry to hear that your problem still remains. A few more things that I can say:

Are you sure that your father's dvd player is +RW compatible? Some can play +R but not +RW.

Did you also try to finalize with a +R or -R disk?

How long is your test recording time? I seem to remember sometimes short recording times may be a problem but I am not sure. Would you make a longer recording if yours was shorter than 3-5 minutes?

Username: Djclaude

Post Number: 1
Hi Marc,
I have the same recorder, and the Disc Menu in the Setup phase is greyed out if you are in HDD mode: so, you have to choose Home/DVD/TV(DVD) and then go to the setup and: magic!! the last menu option (those related to DVD setup) is selectable. I hope this was your problem!
FYI: I use almost exclusively DVD+RW as you and everything goes fine.

Post Number: 6
Hi everybody,

I did some testing tonight, and Oronzo, I noticed that indeed when HDD is selected, the ENTIRE disk option under the setup menu is greyed out.
But when the DVD is selected, then this menu is accassible, but the "finalize disk" option is grayed out. Well tonight I discovered by chance that when I change the disk label, in the same menu, suddenly the finalize disk is enabled.
So I immediatly tried finalizing a DVD+RW disk, and it seemed to go well. However when finished, according to the manual the finalize disk should change into unfinalize disk. But this does not happen. Instead I get the grayed out finalize disk... :-(
Anyway I tried to play this finalized DVD on my father's DVD player but this player seems to have problems to cope with this disk. It begins playing but is indicates that it is a cd (music)...
So I brought this same disk to my home to try it on my DVD-player, and to my suprise it works on my player !!! It is a much older player as my father's ! But mine is a Philips, and my father's is some cheap unknown brand (some bargain).
So I guess I have to test with DVD+R disk instead of the DVD+RW.

Many thanks to all !

Marc
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us