Samsung HCP4241W - DVD playback produces brown hazy picture with verticle lines

Username: Ksb

Post Number: 1
I bought a Samsung HC4241W earlier this year but I've had problems with it. The TV produces a brown hazy/grainy picture with both DVD or cable inputs. There are also verticle lines that appear on the picture.

The problem is more clear during DVD playback. The picture is very pixelated/grainy and brown. The DVD doesn't even have to be playing, the problem's clear on the home screen of the DVD player (1st picture). DVD players Panasonic DVD-S27 with Monster component video cables.

The cable input quality is 2nd picture while the cable box is OFF. The same verticle lines appear as they do on DVD input.

Samsung's resident repair company's already replaced the entire video board and the blue bulb but nothing fixed the problem. Then they sent the Samsung technician who said that sets of this model had this picture quality. I find that hard to believe! No way!!

Anyone had this sort of experience with their TV? If so please point me in the right direction. The TVs under manufacturer warranty.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Upload
Upload

Anonymous

I bought mine in Feb 2005, and I have a Panasonic progressive scan DVD player, and a Scientific Atlanta HD4200 cable box. It does not have this problem. The picture should look awesome, and better than most plasmas when viewing HDTV or progressive scan DVDs.
Unfortunately, it looks like you have purchased a defective unit, or the convergence is misaligned.
Ask Samsung to replace the unit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us