Using a dish 500 and also need another dish what switch to use???

Username: Dtsabai

Post Number: 2
HI,

I have a dish 500 on one side of the house I can't get sat 61.5 on the same side and therefore, need another dish on the other side of the house. The Dish 500 has a SW-21 with a single cable leading to the reciever. Can I use another SW-21 at the reciever and add the addidional signal? Or do I need something else.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 258
Explain what U want..I presume U're talking plastic, and not FTA, because U cannot get FTA correctly using sw21 switches..but there is no plastic hack..so what satellites do U want and to how many receivers, and what type of receivers..?...and why U talking about different sides of the house..your post makes NO sense!

Anonymous

I think that person is saying if you want to connect two dishes together, what do you need to make it a single line. I am having same problem, I think. What connector do you need to have in order to connect one line into FTA receiver and still able to see both dishes.
Is it Diseq or something? can we buy that multiple dish can go into Diseq combiner and go out 1 line?

Silver Member

Post Number: 260
MUCH more DETAILED info is needed..nobody can help U based on these posts and vagueness..U can have 1 dish and watch 8 diferent satellites on 8 receivers if U wanted to,but much depends upons which satellites , LNB's on dish, switches etc..

Username: Dtsabai

Post Number: 3
Hi guys, sory for the lack on info. I have a sub to Dish and therefore plastic does work. I have a 501 DVR for a reciever and that's the only one that I have. The sub card also has international channels on 61.5 and therefore I need a second dish. The Dish 500 shich points to sats 110 and 119 is on one side of the house with a Switch 21 combining the signals into 1 cable that leads to the reciever. I can't get 61.5 from that side of the house due to obstructions and therefore have to put the other dish on the opposite side of the house. I would run the cable from the second dish to the reciever and here is where the question commes in. How do I connect the cable from the Dish 500 that already has a SW-21 on it and the one comming from the 61.5 sat into 1 cable that plugs into the reciever.

Hope that I've given enough info,

Thanks again,

D

Silver Member

Post Number: 270
The subbed Dish should have 110,119 and 61.5 all on 1 dish...now U must add another dish anywhere that has open clear view,use a Dish Pro Twin LNB (has built in disque switches) if U only want 110 and 119 to your FTA receiver...

sw21 is for Dishnet receivers and legacy LNB's..

disque switches needed for FTA,unless they are dish Pro LNB's..then no switch

Cannot run a cable thru sw21 and then disque for FTA receivers..

sw21 uses horizonatal and vertical polarity transponders...dish pro uses only vertical..

That 61.6 creates problems for U..U say have another roof dish already now for it..well I don't see how to mix sw21 H and V polarity signals and combine them into just V TP's dish pro LNB's for FTA..in other words I can't see how U can use the present dishes and cables and switches for FTA use..

If present 2nd dish only has the 1 single legacy (built in sw21 switch)for 61.5...then U could just add a DP twin LNB to that dish for 110 and 119 (but no 61.5 on FTA)...

Bronze Member
Username: Thehitch

Fla.

Post Number: 16
Good Morning Thill1951, I just read post and I`m probably way off here but ,couldn`t the dish receiving 61. sat be used for all sats, thus eliminating original dish. I`m still waiting on my c@@lsat, but I have been reading posts trying to gleam a little info befor I install mine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 275
as I stated "The subbed Dish should have 110,119 and 61.5 all on 1 dish"...he says both dishes are subbed,but the 61.5 is on 1 dish by itself...all 3 signals should be available from only 1 dish....to me the 61.5 is not important...most are happy with just the 110 and 119, those are plenty of channels...But subscribed dishnetwork also uses the 61.5, so I guess thats why they installed the 2nd dish,but its not loaded with channels....

The sub card also has international channels on 61.5 and therefore I need a second dish. The Dish 500 shich points to sats 110 and 119 is on one side of the house with a Switch 21 combining the signals into 1 cable that leads to the reciever.

this I don't get at all!...any reputable dishnet installer could have put all 3 signals and LNB's on 1 dish!
I can't get 61.5 from that side of the house due to obstructions and therefore have to put the other dish on the opposite side of the house
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us