Hitachi 50V500 RP LCD Support

Username: Tv_mike

Post Number: 2
I'm starting this thread because;

1)The review thread for this set was very informative and is now dead.
2)More selfishly, I'm starting to see a problem that's really annoying me.

Let me first preface this with the fact that I really like this TV despite the problem I'm having with it.

I bought the 50V500 in April 2004. Sometime around Spring of this year, I started to notice a reddish bloom in the middle of the screen when I was switching between dead inputs and when turning the TV off.

It's been very gradually getting larger and now can be noticed while watching darker scenes on TV or DVD. It almost looks what would happen to a slide in a slide projector if it was left for a long time. Like it's fading from the center out.

I finally broke down and called PC Richard (where I bought it) and have arranged for a Technician to come out and look at it. He's supposed to be there on 10/27. I will post his findings here when it's fixed.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?

Post Number: 4
Here are two pictures that show what I'm talking about. The first is a shot of the TV set to an unused Video input. The blue is a little exagerated because of the extended exposure time but you can clearly see the redish bloom I'm talking about. The second shows the same area affecting the picture.

Red spot
Upload
Upload

Unregistered guest
I have the same Red Blob issue. I have a tech. coming out to look at the Problem. I'll keep you up to date.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Rob,
Nobody was responding to this post so I moved it to the Hitachi 50V500 LCD RPTV Reviews?? thread. I have been updating it whenever I get new information. There are other posts there as well from people with similar issues. You may want to check it out.

Use this link to go directly to the discussion:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/5818.html

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us