Is this site trustworthy?

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 428
some of the televisions here are dang cheap, especially the toshy. what do you guys think, i emailed them and the claim everything is brand new, not refurbished.

www.discountelectronics.citymax.com

Bronze Member
Username: Imustbecrazy

Post Number: 40
db;

Can you drive there and pick it up in-person? Also, the warantee issue, if it breaks, will they be there tomorrow?

It's a gamble....

Silver Member
Username: Revan

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 182
i wouldnt buy a tv over the internet, if its
cheaper than everybody else you have to wonder why. closeouts, customer returns.

Silver Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 165
RE: Customer returns:
About Us
All Items are New In Box,sealed w/ factory warranty!We do not sell Re-conditioned items.All packages are insured up to full retail value via http://www.UPS.com ,we only ship within the Continental US!We do not provide Express shipping.Our products change frequently,so be sure to visit us often.

Closeouts:
PS: There's nothing wrong with "closeouts"... or last years models...

If anything most of the time buying last years models means IF there IS a problem there is going to be some kind of "database" of acrued knowledge.

On "new" models, there is really no database of what fails, what gives problems... so your local tech all things being equal is going to have a harder time fiquring out what is wrong on a brand-new model, vs one that has been in production for a while.
(Think DC-3, the airplane, vs a prototype, 1st year run of anything... vs a factory that been making the same item for 5 years)

The only "bad" thing about buying last years model is "parts".... Most mfg's gear up to make so many parts.. so many go into shipping product.. and so many are made for "repair".... When those are gone, they are GONE... (for the most part)

These parts storages can occur on "new" models are well... Some mfg's have a "habit" of giving first priority to "shipping" sets getting the parts. If I had a nickel for each time I was told a part was N/A on the latest model, I'd be a rich man. If an item is "hot".. they usually favor shipping product.. the assm line getting first choice so to speak on parts availablity.

Silver Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 172
This a repost that ties in with the above comments I made about poart NOT being available for "brand-new" models :

Comp1040 posted: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=8aca55eacb5521413e276d22135220b3 &t=588900
I own quite a few JVC products new and refurbished and have only had to have one serviced and other than having to drive cross town to find an authorized JVC repair center no problem.

Many years ago I was a purchasing agent for a large Midwest Electronics Company. No consumer products bought things like computer chips for Boeing and Emerson Electric but one product line I had was for Sony repair parts. I had parts on order from them for months at a time. One person got a hold of me because he knew is TV repair guy had to get the part from us and he was wondering if he would have is big screen Sony TV ready in time for the Superbowl after being without it for about 9 months. Sony told me that since his TV was still in production he would have to wait. They explained to me that the just in time delivery system they used delivered exactly the number of items they needed to keep the assembly line running and when they changed models they continue to stamp out parts for repairs but if you have a part that only fits one TV or Tapedeck or whatever Sony makes you can not get it fixed until they quit making it. You had to hope that the dealer you bought it from will give you a replacement or you could have a long wait for repairs. Hope they have changed this practice.

Ron
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us