Samsung DLP HL-R4266W NEWBIE NEEDS HELP!!

Username: Babilld

Pottstown, Pa Usa

Post Number: 1
Ok. I just bought a Samsung DLP HL-R4266W with much gory and exuberance. I hooked it up to my local cable with just digital cable (HD coming soon), but the problem is that the TV has a lot of fuzziness or blocky images. I am not sure if I am missing a certain setting or if it is the cable signal. Would really like to know what to do b4 i return the set.
Thank U in advance

l33t haXor
Unregistered guest
Your digital channels should look pretty darned good, what channels specifically are you having trouble with. I'm guessing they will be under 99 as those are the most common analog band channels. Nothing much you can do if the signal is poor you will have a poor picture. Get thee to an HD box stat.

And write complete words. Stuff like "b4" instead of before and "U" instead of you makes you come off like a freaking 13 year old. Most people in these forums are pretty smart and will be much less inclined to help you if they think you are stupid or lazy.

Anonymous

I33t haXor:
Laugh out loud laugh out loud. I got a good chuckle reading your editorial about using online abbreviations. LOL (Ooops! Laugh out loud.)

By the way, are all these problems with DLP and LCD common to most consumers, or are these posters the bulk of the unfortunate few who got stuck with a lemon, like a bad car? I want to go big, but I'm completely scared off by these posts. And regular big screens have the burn-in problem. So, what's a gal to do? Suffer watching a puny 32-inch CRT or go LCD and hope I don't get a lemon?

l33t haXor
Unregistered guest
It's human nature to complain loudly when something goes wrong but just hum along quietly when everything is in it's proper place.

When's the last time you called the cable company to tell them your service was working great and that you really appreciated it or the newspaper to let them know how timely the delivery has been of late?

This is for the most part what you see in forums like this. Some models you should be afraid of based on overwhelming numbers of complaints, the 655 and 955 models of Sony LCDs or the '63 series Samsung DLPs are good (or bad) examples. Those I would avoid like the plague but the subsequent models have been MUCH improved
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us