Sony WEGA Question

Anonymous

Hi,

I am having a minor issue with my cable reception and am looking for some help.

My basic non digital cable is coming into my basement to a 3 way splitter.

1st line going to a (nothing special) 13" Sharp TV in the basement

2nd line going to the second floor through a Panasonic VCR into again (nothing special) 10 year old Magnavox 19" TV.

Both signals are clear and sharp on all channels with the exception of puclic TV which the cable tech told me has always been an issue.

Here is the problem, the third line which is the closest to the splitter is going into a Sony VCR Less than 1 year old and then into a Sony WEGA 27" TV a few years old but still a very nice TV. Model KV27 FV16 I think.

It was available when there were only 2 models FV16 and FS16 I believe. the FV was the more expensive model with the speakers on the side and a better sound, I believe.

Anyway, the picture on some channels is very nice and clear, but many of the channels the picture is somewhat blurry on the edges.

Are there any type of adjustments I am missing. I'm not expecting anything close to digital quality but it is definitely not what it should be.

Thanks
Bob

BobL
Unregistered guest
Anyone?

Bronze Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 34
Splitting a signal three ways can weaken it, which may cause some channels not to come in as they should.

You may have to go to a store and ask for a coaxial CATV/Antenna signal amplifier. - Reinhart

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103094&cp=2032057.2032187 .2032189.2032207&allCount=50&fbn=Type%2FAmplifiers&f=PAD%2FProduct+Type%2FAmplif iers&fbc=1&parentPage=family
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us