Recording Help (VCR from Anntena)

Confused*__*Recorder
Unregistered guest
Got a older Magnavox VCR. Can't get to record. Ive got my Annetena running into my VCR, then out to TV. When VCR is turned on and set to desired channel, i hit record nothing happens. Is the VCR broken? or am i missing something? (i also dont think it is the button itself cause if a tape isn't in when i hit record the words "no cassete" flash up on my TV)

Suggestions?
thx

Confused*__*Recorder
Unregistered guest
Anyone? I really need some help, and i don't have a remote. Would any of this be due to the time not being set (since i can't without remote).

Bronze Member
Username: Ocaklilar

IstanbulTurkey

Post Number: 16
Check the record protection tab on your vcr tape. It might be broken.

Confused*__*Recorder
Unregistered guest
nope, i've tried multiple tapes (all the tabs look fine) and one of the tapes is new.

One thing, the timer light is always flashing, wheter on or off. could this be something?

Bronze Member

IstanbulTurkey

Post Number: 21
Check the timer settings. If there were an entry for timer recording, try to record after clearing that setting. If there were no timer setting and if your vcr plays the tapes well but cannot record even if the tape tabs were not broken, I suppose there's a malfunction of it.

Confused*__*Recorder
Unregistered guest
where do i change the timer settings?

Bronze Member

IstanbulTurkey

Post Number: 22
Sorry, but I have no information about your VCR. I suppose it should be done by remote and its menus.

confusedrecorder.
Unregistered guest
My clock/timer is not set, do you think it is worth it to buy a universal remote?

Bronze Member

IstanbulTurkey

Post Number: 33
It is up to you but I don't think that the manual recording is related with the clock/timer settings if there were no timer setting in its memory. But it sounds like there were a timer setting in memory because of its timer light flashing. Or, your vcr has a malfunction.

Bronze Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 38
The timer light may be flashing because the VCR may be in timer mode, but there is no program. This may be the case if the VCR is an older one.

Someone had this problem once before with a Panasonic VCR. Noticed that the timer light was flashing, indicating that it was in timer mode with no program, so I got it off of timer mode by pushing the TIMER button, which also had a square clock icon. The VCR was operating normally after that.

This may be possible, depending on the Magnavox VCR because Panasonic has made VCRs for Magnavox throughout the 1980s and up until the mid-late 1990s.

Get the VCR out of timer mode. The button to get it on and off of timer mode should be on the unit itself. - Reinhart

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1803
If it's an old Magnavox, early 90s, it's a Panasonic and the timer light flashes when the clock needs set.

Bronze Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 46
"If it's an old Magnavox, early 90s, it's a Panasonic and the timer light flashes when the clock needs set."

On Magnavox VCRs without the multifunction florescent display and only a set of LEDs, this would be the case. But, you would still be able to play and record with it.

But what about VCRs that have the display?

Another possibility could also be a broken interlock switch or mechanism which tells the VCR SYSCON whether or not the record tab is intact or not. It may also be a bad tact swtich for the REC button, which is possible if the key was not pressed often or pressed too much.

These possibilities may be the case if the poster can engage all the transport functions except REC. - Reinhart

Unregistered guest
I really need a very basic, simple explanation of how to connect a DVD player and a VCR to a TV with no cable box, so that I can record channels that I am NOT watching. I'm not certain I even have all the necessary cables to do it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us