Can I do this? FP AND Flat Screen at same time?

Username: Demfourlife

Post Number: 4
I am building a dedicated home theater in my house (coverted 14 x 10 Terrace). Is it possible to place a Plasma or LCD behind the screen of my InFocus ScreenPlay 4805 DLP Home Theater Projector?

I would do so to not burn the bulb out when I am not watching a movie (maybe just local news, etc.) Anyone done this? I figure if I born out a bulb it's about $300. For $1,000 - $1,300 I can get a 42" EDTV or maybe even a LCD HDTV for a bit more. I would hide the flat screen behind the monitor when it was not in use. Otherwise, the screen would be up and I would watch it.

Is there a way to conect both the Flat Screen and the FP to the same receiver and speakers, Directv, etc. In other words, can I use the same hardware and speakers for both TVs.

Am I living in a dream worl or am I on to something here? Please help me you spotters out there. Thanks again!...and again...and again!

Post Number: 6
anyone?

Bronze Member
Username: Paul98

Post Number: 53
Yeah, it's not much of a problem at all. If you get a pulldown screen, then you can just have a video switcher next to it, then when you put the screen up you also hit the switch to change the source to the one you will be using.

Post Number: 7
Thanks for the input. Anyone else?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us